May I join you?

wishing

Hello everyone my name is Marian and I live in wales uk.In Oct this year my husband Derek was diagnosed with nsc lung cancer.We were told it is inoperable because it is wrapped around his aorta.Intially we were told 2wks or 2yrs which was one hell of a shock because although he had a cough that no one took it seriously it was pains in his legs that led to x-rays and the chest x-ray was thrown in for good measure.My hubby is 53 we both are .At the mo he is on his 3rd cycle of gemcarbo and tolerating it well.I am not aware of any survivor forums in the uk with this diagnosis so was inspired by your stories here.Hope you do not mind me joining all you amazing people,we so need positivity.Merry Christmas to one and all from the uk x

welcome to the club no one wants to join but is so glad they found us because they had to. In addition to this group I am going to give you a link fora site created By ONE of our members in the UK We have numbers and Tons of support and So does she. PLus she is VERY knowledgeable of British and UK heatlth system. Welcome and we can be of a lot of help here. Click for Our UK Friends Link;

http://www.lc-action4life.co.uk/

Hi Wishing,

By all means, join in - newcomers are always welcome.

I am only sad that you have had to find us because of lc.

I am a non small cell survivor of 3 3/4 years. There are many others like me here.

Many of us were giving "time lines" from their doctors after their diagnosis, but SO MANY HAVE proven their doctors wrong! It would be great to include your husband into that same group.

My best to you both,

Wendy

I hope your husband responds well to the latest chemo. There are many drugs that can shrink the tumor and help keep in stable so don't be discouraged by the time line you were given. My husband was given 4 months and lived over 5 years. I am glad you found us-- welcome.

Rochelle

Welcome Marian. We'd be delighted to have you join us. As several others have mentioned, we do have some members in the UK. I'm sorry that your husband has been diagnosed with lung cancer. I had cisplatin and gemzar the second time I had chemo. Not a fun experience, but I made it through and it worked for me. We have lots of people here who have survived for a long time. Hopefully, your husband will become one of them.

Keep us updated on his experiences and progress with chemo.

Muriel

Welcome Marian,

I know this is the last place you want to be, but this board is a great resource when you desperately need one! Pleae fell free to ask any questions you might have. Someone on this board (probably more than one someone) will likely have some good advice for you and there will always be lots of support to support you with encouraging words and prayers.

Susan

Welcome, welcome!! Sorry you have to be here but this is a great place to be when you need friends and support!!

As the others have said - please do NOT listen to timelines - everyone is different and those timelines are sometimes based on "older" folks than your husband who have a multitute of other health issues!!

Keep us updated on your husbands prognosis. Know that we are all here for you both.

Hugs - Patti B.

Thanks for everyone who took the time to leave me a message you all are so positive.Just finished his 3rd cycle of gemcarbo and a cat scan booked for Jan 10th.Never asked the question what stage he is at not sure we could cope with the answer it would just give us more to worry over.Maybe the time will come when we do ask but not right now.Taking each day as it comes and hoping the tumour is shrinking .

Hi and welcome here.

One thing you are right about is there is always hope. There were many that have had that 2 months etc. DO NOT listen to stastaticts as there are many just on this site who have beaten those odds. I know how scared you are as we have walked in your shoes. Keep a positive attitude as that is half the battle. It would not work without it.

Please know that we are always here for you.

Maryanne