She's gone.......

Steph74

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Stephanie,

I am so sorry for your loss. Nothing can prepare you for the loss of a mom. I know your pain is so raw right now, but I am here for you. I live in the suburbs of Chicago and would gladly meet you if you are ever in need of talking to someone your age who understands your pain and loss. My e-mail is deewilkey@comcast.net.

Prayers to you and your family,

Stacey

Steph,

I looked for an update from you today and I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. So sorry. I know what a shock this is. Even though she had been so sick, no one can prepare you for the shock and the feelings that go along with losing someone you love so dearly. It takes your breath away. My heart breaks for you.

Jill

• 2 weeks later...

Stephanie -

I have not posted for quite sometime. Yet, I saw your posting and my heart broke. Your feelings, your horrible grief, your panic - is all too familiar. When I was where you are now, I thought I would never make it - it hurt to breath. Yet, I have made it - it has been two years for me. I miss my mom every day, but I have made it. Oh Stephanie, you will too. Your mom is so proud of you and she will look over you.

You will be in my prayers tonight as you go through what will be the hardest time of your life. May God ease your pain and offer you moments of peace.

Holly

I just seen this post.I am so sorry about your loss.You will have so many good memories of your mother that will be with you the rest of your life.I hope you can find some peace and comfort during these times. Im sure your mother would want you to go on and have a happy life and she was very blessed to have a daughter like yourself. Mike

Stephanie,

I am so sorry to hear about the death of your mother. I learned about her, and her mission, just before she died, from the hypnotherapist we shared. That mission, to spread the word about lung cancer, is a mission we share, and I wish I had had the chance to work with her. I was happy to learn that the governor had declared November lung cancer awareness month in Illinois last year, and to learn that the person responsible was someone who lived near me (I'm in Kane County).

I also have stage IV lung cancer, though I quit smoking in 1970. Fortunately, I am one of the lung cancer patients for whom Tarceva works very well, so I hope to have time left to make a difference like she did.