Happy Birthday to me

beckyg

Today is my 31st birthday. I celebrated it with pain medication that is finally getting the pain under control--I have joined the ranks of the Oxycontin takers. We are now all working under the assumption that the "suspicious spot" that showed up on my September bone scan is in fact a bone met. At the time the radiologist and two oncologists felt pretty sure that it was not cancer--more likely trauma from the surgery in February which had never completely healed. But since the pain has increased dramatically in the alst month, that theory has been scrapped.

I finally heard from MD Anderson. I have an appointment there Monday morning. The doctor told me that the first thing is to get my pain under control. (When I talked to him Tuesday night, I didn't have the Oxycontin yet and the Vicodin was no longer controlling it.) He said he did have several chemotherapy options for me once the pain is addressed.

The Oxycontin makes me itch and it is making me very drowsy. TRhe phamcist told me that for most people, the drowsiness only lasts a few days--I sure hope he is right, because it is going to be a big challenge to teach my classes if I continue to be this sleepy. For the itchiness, I may have to buy stock in Benadryl. I hope this effect is temporary too. My pain has been severe enough that I will live itchy if I need to, but I don't like it.

My husband and daughter baked me a cake, so I had better make an appearance and have some with them.

Becky

HAPPY B-DAY, Becky!!! :):):)

Glad your getting the pain under control and wishing you the best at MD Anderson, !!!

Remember more than anything were SURVIVORS today!!! Enjoy and Celebrate!!! :):)

God bless and your in my prayers

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Happy Belated Birthday, Becky. Hope the cake was good, and the drugs do what they're supposed to do.

I'm keeping all body parts crossed that Monday's appointment will have good news about good options available to you.

I'm still your cheerleader....

Fay A.