Hoping for a false alarm....

Rower Michelle

So for the last week I’ve had a mild headache that will not go away. Doc isn’t overly worried but before prescribing something like Flonase, he’s ordering up a MRI just to be certain.  As far as I’m concerned I had a lifetime of Flonase last summer and actually prefer the MRI.  

I’m 12 days away from CT scan, may as well have the full Monty. In the interim I’ve got a very important pedicure this afternoon.  

Thanks for going through this with me gang! 

Michelle

Hang in there.  I had a mile one for 3 days.  Nothing for the last 4 days.  Hopefully allergies.  I cannot even take Flonase.  I am subject to bad nose bleeds due to eustachian tube dysfunction but the Flonase side effect is ----- yup, nose bleeds!  

Go have that all important pedicure this afternoon.  Then wear your cutest sandals tomorrow.

Terri

Michelle,

I hope it's nothing 🙏 - I've had a migraine every day since Tue, I'm hoping it's just stress related, but reading your post and Terri's make me wonder and worry (cuz worry comes with this territory).

Sending you hugs, keep us posted and make sure to get some flower design on your big toes!

MB

Hi MB,

Yeah, the worry comes along on this ride.  My doc operates out of an abundance of caution with a report everything rule.  My scheduler called today for the MRI, obviously not an emergency as appointment is on 7-22, just before CT on 7-23. Scan-a-mania week!  Good thing Row camp is next weekend. I’ve started to negotiate spa discounts & I’m getting anywhere from 25-40% off services!!  

Onward...

Every ache and pain comes along with another level of concern now.  The up side is those little things in life that felt like big concerns no longer do.  Lots of perspective with this journey.  

Good luck with the scans and enjoy that pedicure.  It sounds way more important than the rest.  

Yeah that’s right!  My brother in law is visiting this week. He inspected my trike tires and said the tires are too low- duh. I just thought I was slow.  After that adjustment I’m pretty close to my pre cancer speed!  Row camp is next weekend, it’s going to be quality over quantity! 

Rower Michelle - as you and I both know, the waiting is the worst. Will be hoping all is ok with your CT!!! Husband's PET is this Thursday along with his bronchoscopy/EBUS procedure for the lymph nodes. Sending lots of love to you!

XX

On 7/11/2019 at 10:09 AM, Rower Michelle said:

So for the last week I’ve had a mild headache that will not go away. Doc isn’t overly worried but before prescribing something like Flonase, he’s ordering up a MRI just to be certain.  As far as I’m concerned I had a lifetime of Flonase last summer and actually prefer the MRI.  

I’m 12 days away from CT scan, may as well have the full Monty. In the interim I’ve got a very important pedicure this afternoon.  

Thanks for going through this with me gang! 

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I'm with the rest of the gang, hoping/praying your MRI shows no further problems!  Praying for the best for you.

I too have been having a mild headache now for the last few days (hoping it's just the stress of this new event in my life) :)  and along with the rest of us all things are cause for concern because of what's going on.  I'm waiting to hear about scheduling for my Brain MRI as i'm writing this and hoping it's soon!

Best of luck on your MRI results!  God Bless...

I feel your pain-literally. I have weird pains in my head that come and go. Brain CT is Friday. Insurance didn’t approve it in time to get it this past Monday. Fed up with insurance adding to the wait time. Not even sure it will be approved for Friday.  

Yup, same problem here. Insurance!  So next week is MRI and CT next day.  Normally scans don’t bother me too much but this time the brain MRI is making me nervous. The message therapist thinks it’s sinus congestion.  Looking forward to getting that part over with next week.  

I just got called a call a little bit ago regarding my brain MRI,  it will be this coming Monday at 11 a.m. and yes I am nervous about it too, not only anxiously waiting for the result of the MRI but to get through it!  Saying prayers for the best to you all...

Michelle..  

you are an you are an inspiration to me.  Get an MRI, do your toes, get a CT,go to Row camp.  What do you do when things are worry free?     I'm sending you positive thoughts. I vote for sinus issue

keep us information of your results...

On 7/13/2019 at 12:25 PM, Moonbeam said:

Rower Michelle - as you and I both know, the waiting is the worst. Will be hoping all is ok with your CT!!! Husband's PET is this Thursday along with his bronchoscopy/EBUS procedure for the lymph nodes. Sending lots of love to you!

XX

Hoping all goes well for hubby today Moonbeam.  Lots of hugs.   

Thanks so much for the support my friends!  Row Camp was cancelled due to an excessive heat warning.  Fortunately, my doubles partner is like a little sister to me.  She's already loaded up the weekend with alternate activities (she's in the bow, which means she's in large and in charge).  Meanwhile, I've got a plant based cooking class this afternoon- should be interesting.  Like I said to my mutant brother Joe, Oh blah di, oh blah da, life goes on.... 

Not really funny but we wonder why healthcare costs are escalating????  

No cooking class today- heat index is 112. The whole city is practically shut down!  Stranger Things Season 3 here we come! 

28 minutes ago, Rower Michelle said:

Not really funny but we wonder why healthcare costs are escalating????  

No cooking class today- heat index is 112. The whole city is practically shut down!  Stranger Things Season 3 here we come! 

Just watch it this weekend. 😂

Michelle,

I just love your spirit!  Stay strong, keep busy and keep that rowing going.  We still need to start a thread of our progress in regaining some of our former skills.  :)

I pray that your headaches are just that; allergies, sinus, but nothing more.

Lou

Archived