Got a call on my first scan result

LouT

Folks,

As you all know I had my first scan on Monday and was prepared to wait until my doctor appointment next Thursday for the results, but I got a call early this morning from his office to tell me the results and they were "Stable"... okay...what does that mean!?  I asked the woman and she explained that after my surgery they did a CT and found NED and this scan continued to indicate NED.  You can imagine my relief as I had never heard Stable before regarding a scan.  I thought I'd be jumping up and down happy, but that wasn't my reaction.  Don't get me wrong, I was very happy, but I think my anxiety had been higher than even I knew it was so I just felt exhausted.  Luckily that didn't last too long and the rest of the day was pretty joyous.  The woman told me that they would do another scan in a year and I'm sure I misheard her because originally I was told every 6 months for the first 2 years and then annual after that.  I'll get that clarified next week, but I thank you all for the wonderful support and feeling of family I have here and for your prayers.

Lou

Lou is NED! This is a great week with two members reporting NED scans.

I just love the sound of cancer cells getting eliminated!

Stay the course Lou!

Tom

Good stuff Lou.  Hearing I don’t have cancer anymore doesn’t elicit nearly the same level of joy as the level of fear and remorse elicited from hearing I did.  I know I should be happy, but I’d describe it best as relief...then I take a nap.  Here’s to more clear scans, and other things to be happy about.  

Thanks for all the well-wishes everybody.  So many of you helped me through this and I don't forget that.  Curt, you described it exactly; relief rather than joy.  But, I want all of us to have that relief for a long time to come.

Lou

Thanks so much folks!  

Susan, I've made a commitment to myself that I'm just going to live life each day.  I'm retired now, but I still make and record music, workout and take care of my wife (who has Alzheimer's and my job is to make her as happy as possible), daughters and grandkids.  So, I plan on making everyday a celebration.  I wanted to live and since that is happening, I'm going to do everything I can to enjoy that life every day.

Lou

NED is always great news!.....then why do I take it with a grain of salt.  .....waiting for the other shoe to drop?  You are right.  Live life, smile, find joy.

I just saw your post; I have been away from the site for a few days.  Stable/NED is great news and relief is an excellent word to use after receiving this great news!  And you have such an excellent attitude--inspiration for us all!  Take care now.  Susan Rae

Archived