Negative changes.

Isabelle49

I was admitted to the hospital this past Monday and diagnosed with pneumonia. I had developed severe SOB and fever. A CAT scan was done and it showed that  while chemo was on hold for the past 4 weeks (I had neutropenia  just before the last chemo 4 weeks ago) the enlarged lymph nodes and mass in my chest had bloomed ( became greatly enlarged) I have chosen to move to hospice, as I have been told that the chemo and radiation would only worsen my condition at this point). I wish you all the best and will keep in contact as long as Ican. Oh discharging to home Saturday 10/19. Blessings to all.

My Dear Isabelle,

Your words saddened me but somehow, though disappointed, I feel you have come to terms with your decision to move to Hospice. I wish you nothing but peace and comfort and enough grace and tender mercies to be at your grand daughters wedding on the 9th. You can do it girl. 

With much love and respect, DFK

I’m sorry @Isabelle49.  That is a brave decision you’ve made for yourself.  I hope you find peace, comfort and calmness during this time.  Keep in touch as much as possible.  You will be in my prayers.  

Thanks all. And, please know there is one joyous possibility with this change. I lost my 22 year old son, Ray, in a motor vehicle accident 16 years ago  and I know there is a possibility that I will be reunited with him on the other side. My greatest wish in the afterlife. Blessings to all.

Much appreciated. I’m home Saturday. Night. Hemoglobin was low, so was transfused with one unit of blood.  Had to twist a resident’s finger to get him to put in an order for the blood. My daughter who is also an RN was on him like white on rice when he indicated he didn’t think it was a good idea, said something about blood leaking into my lungs (Whaaat???  - never heard of that unless it was a trauma. Got the blood feeling like ihave more endurance (Duh, of course). Resident really got on my last nerve,but that’s how they learn.   Blessings to all.

Isabelle,

I’ve been out of touch for a while and am just learned about your condition. If it is any consolation, with your condition I’d make a hospice choice. 

You are a survivor and LUNGevity member till you are not. You are in my prayers. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

Isabelle, residents are always such experts, aren’t they?

Hang in there, enjoy you family every minute you can. 
And know that all of us are with you every step of the way 

My wife and I will add our prayers for you to all the others and hope for many good days for you.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Isabelle.  There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of you and pray. Hope your symptoms have eased and that you are having some good days. Were you able to attend your granddaughters wedding?

Archived