My fisrt post

Cookieman

Good Evening,

This is my first post, although I've been familiar with the site for some time. My wife (Snowflake) has been posting here for some time. I've decided to throw my hat into the ring (as it were).

We've been dealing with her cancer for sometime now (she had surgery in Feb. 03). She's found this board a lot of help for her. So here I go.....

I just wanted to say hi this first time.

Cookieman

Welcome Cookieman!

As one spouse to another, I want you to know that you've made a good choice in joining us. We all need a little support as we help support the ones we love. The load is a little too heavy to bear alone, and with this group, we don't have to.

I have to tell you that I have so much respect and admiration for Becky. She has such a great sense of humor and an upbeat positive attitude. She has often lifted my spirits and inspired me. You are a lucky man, and I am sure she is a lucky woman to have on another.

Welcome

Carleen

Cookieman,

I am glad you decided to join. There are many wonderful people here to offer you the support YOU need to deal with the "outside looking in" stance you have been thrown into.

Thank you so much for always being my rock and the best test for my jokes (I SO enjoy clearing your nostrils of whatever beverage you happen to be drinking...but you know that).

I love you,

Snowflake

PS We're out of cookies...I found where you hid 'em again. :roll:

If you are as funny as snowflake I need to go buy some more kleenex.Damn she keeps me laughing myself to tears.That is so important to me.The laughter.Keep it up.The both of you.Please.And you could be like me.Just don't let her have any cookies even if she finds them.See.I run things at my house.Like the vacuum cleaner,dishwasher,etc.TBone

Welcome Cookieman.

Its so good to have you here, as you know from Becky there is all kinds of support here, you can never have too much support when dealing with this monster disease.... I also want to add how much I adore Becky, she is an inspiration to many here...

WELCOME Cookieman!

Love that WIFE OF YOURS!!!

T-Bone, thanks for the STOCK TIP, "Connie go buy Kleenex" Our Snow-flake, she's a HOOT!!

Cookieman, I'm sure you'll find our LC family members offer much needed comfort, if you need it or even when you DON'T?! 8):roll:

Cookieman,

Around these parts your known as MR, Becky--who sometimes gets confused with another Mr. Becky, CurtisG, so glad you have another "handle." I'm glad you are "on board" with us and hope you find many things to take away from here that will lighten your day or enlighten your way!. Becky is so beloved, you are a lucky man, and she a lucky lady, from what she has said. This road we are one is dang covered with brambles, but this is a place where we can stick them, --or something--lol.

Welcome

Elaine

Hello Cookieman...I have not been here on this board that long. I'm a supporter of a father and sister with cancer, and I come here for support and to learn It's a difficult journey cancer is. I have learned that if I take the view of an olympic speed skater during the ruff times I can make it, and I can support those suffering from it in the right ways. Speed skaters glide and glide, and then they pump hard around the corners,... so this is what I do too. When things get really tuff I pump as hard as I can , and then I glide when things are going okay..good, or great!! I push to win the race by doing my darndest not to let cancer have the lead.

Sleep well,

Chani

Cookieman,

So nice to meet you. YOu do know that you have one terrific gal there in your home. She has a heart as big as gold.

If you ever need to talk to an old lady who has been around the block, tell Becky to give you my number, - - phone that is.....

From one mr. becky to another, welcome. I didn't realize people recognized me in these parts.

Becky and I used to play cards with another couple and the wife's name was also Becky. The game we played kept scores individually, so I always labelled the top of the scoresheet "Me, Him, Mine, His" just to drive the Beckys nuts. Not that it was ever too much work, especially for a seasoned pro like myself.

Curtis

Cookieman,

Just to add to the confusion, I thought yet another Becky should pipe in here. Your Becky is an inspiration to everyone here, not to mention the source of much comic relief -- although I'm sure this does not surprise you. :) I'll look forward to hearing more from you! (And better luck next time hiding those cookies.)

BeckyCW