I can't believe that this is my story

Claudia

Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry it's been a long time since I posted an update to my stage IV NSCLC story but here it is. After being told that I was non-surgical  because of being stage IV I am here to tell you that my oncologist and I have decided that the end of November will be my last treatment. After 3 1/2 years of chemo, Keytruda, SBRT radiation and finally a left upper lobectomy and 2 years of clean scans and more Keytruda I am being set free. November 4 will be 2 years that I am NED. I can't believe it. Stage IV and now NED for 2 years. I feel like the luckiest person on the planet. It just goes to show that treatments are getting better and patients are living longer. Never give up. NEVER. 

Thanks for all the support through this insane journey. I love you all.

Claudia

This is fantastic news!!! It just goes to show how lung cancer treatment and survival are continuing to make huge leaps. Your story gives me and others so much hope. I hope you celebrate this incredible milestone xx 

Claudia

Nice to meet you. You are right treatments are better.I was diagnosed stage 4 one year ago and been on targeted therapy now no cancer lighting up on pet scan. Happy for you 

Chuck

2 hours ago, Chuck K said:

Claudia

Nice to meet you. You are right treatments are better.I was diagnosed stage 4 one year ago and been on targeted therapy now no cancer lighting up on pet scan. Happy for you 

Chuck

That’s wonderful news Chuck. I’m happy for you too. It’s my hope for everyone. I would like to thank everyone who wished me well on this post. I must admit I’m nervous about being off Keytruda and having no treatment at all. I worry about it coming back. I’m trying to stay positive as I have been through all this but….