Please Help - Need you

sharyn

I just got off the phone with my mom and dad... daddy feels awful today... very weak, pain in his leg (likes pins and needles) - he says he wants to go to the hospital so we are on our way momentarily. He must feel awful to make this request. PLEASE pray as hard as you ever have... Ray... your prayers would mean the world to me right now. I will keep you posted... have to run be with him. Sharon

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Prayers are going out to your dad and to you. Let us hope that it is a bad case of the flu.

Okay - here is the update... my parents called the onc before they went to the hospital, their regular onc was not on call so they spoke with his partner. He did not think a trip to the hospital was warrented - he said he did not believe Daddy's symptoms were from the Zometa (I strongly disagree) he feels that maybe he has some type of infection so he said to take some Tylenol and call the regular Onc Monday morning and ask to be seen. NOW>>> Daddy gets on the phone with me (cos I live 45 mnutes away and haven't left yet to see him) and he says " I feel good now"..... mom forced him to drink a bottle of water because per advice from the boards here, I am suspecting that he may have dehydration. He told me there was no need to come and see him as he was invited to a neighbors for a burger and he was going to go!!! So... I am totally and completely bewildered!!! He is NOT the type of man to say "take me to the hospital" so I know he genuinely did not feel well earlier. Anyway, right now things are status quo... he still is not his feisty self, but feels better than he did early this morning - I had mom check his blood pressure and pulse rate and both were normal. So we will just wait until Monday. He is coming to my house tomorrow for Mothers Day, so I am anxcious to see how he behaves.... Thank you all for your responses and your prayers. I know you are always here when I need you. Love, Sharon

Sharon,

Just found this post but am sorry your dad was so alarmed. Most men are like your dad and will not go to the hospital, so I can totally relate to why you were so upset. Let us know what the onc says Monday and try to have a happy mother's day.

Nina

Sharon, glad he's feeling better and having a burger to boot :) Seems everytime Chris had to go to the hospital it was always a Friday (for some strange reason) and I never did like dealing with the "on call" onc.

I lit a candle for your Dad and you both will be in my thoughts

Debbie

Sharyn, sorry I am late on the posting here. My dad used to experience pins and needles in his feet mostly, and that is a type of nuropothy (sp?) is a very common long term side effect from chemo, I believe platnum based ones especially. I am glad that your mom got your dad to drink water, we all know how commonplace, and how bad, dehydration is for someone with cancer-and anyone in general. I am glad that he was feeling a bit better, and hope he enjoyed the burger at his neighbors house (GO SHARYNS DAD!!!). Please let us know any further findings and how he's doing. Take care, and I apologize again for my late response.