ginnyde Posted June 28, 2004 Share Posted June 28, 2004 For those that have been following our story, our onc. told us last Wed. that the Temodar was not working and, 1. he told me there were no options left, just hospice but 2. he told Earl that some more whole brain radiation was an option. We met with the radiation onc. this morning because Earl wants to take whatever treatments are available. Well here is the rad. onc. story. The tumors from the April MRI appear to either have remained the same or maybe even have shrunk and the new tumors are just specks. Our daughter looked at the films and it looks like there are about 6 lesions and he neurological function does not seem impacted. His suggestion: continue on the Temodar, get a new MRI in 7 weeks and see me in 8 weeks. A lot more positive than the onc. Of course, if we see anything change, get to them immediately. If the next MRI shows increases, then we consider stereotatic?? or whole brain radiation. This is so much better than we expected. What an emotional relief. Now, we get back home and Earl almost collapses going up the 3 steps from the garage to the house. It took me and our daughter to hold him up and get him into the house. He is so tired and so weak. The doctor gave us an Rx for a hospital bed because of the trouble we have getting him upstairs to bed, but Earl is resistent to this right now. Thank you for all of your prayers, you guys definitely have a direct line to God. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.