Starting New Trial Wed.

-Cheryl-

Hello Fellow Survivors,

I start CT2103 and Carboplatin Wed. at 10:00 am. I will post more on it Wed. The delivery of this chemo is supposed to go more into the cancer and less into the healthy cells. They are somehow able to give a higher dose since it won't damage healthy cells as much. I will get 10 min. of pre-meds, and the actual chemo takes about half a hour to infuse every three weeks. The side effects are suppose to be minimal compared to traditional chemo. We will see. They still warn of hair loss, nausea, numbness in the limbs, possible hearing loss, just to name a few of the more pleasant ones. Two people have aleady startd the trial and seem to be doing o.k..

My biopsy report came back about the fluid they drained while I was in the hospital. NO CANCER WAS FOUND IN THE FLUID!!!!! However, the pericardial tissue had malignant cancer cells in it. My biggest fear is that it will invade my heart. I pray this chemo works. Please God help us all to find a cure for this disease.

Cheryl

Cheryl,

You have been in my prayers every day and will continue to be. I pray this new chemo will be the bullet you need to shoot the cancer straight to hell. I'm sure you're worried about the pericardial results, but we're just going to expect that the new chemo is going to wipe that right out, too.

All my prayers, loves and hugs,

Peggy

Heather,

This is phase-two trial. This chemo, CT-2103, is a chemically modified form of pacitaxel. About 60 participants are being accepted for the trial. I went through numerous tests to qaulify for this first-line study. Second line would be CT-2103 and taxol. I am not sure really what the benefit carboplatin is over taxol?

Thank you peggy and Fay, and Heather for the encouragement.

Cheryl

Cheryl,

So glad to hear the news that your fluid came back NON CANCEROUS!!!

What a relief! I am still worried about the pericardial tissue with cancer cells. I'm not sure exactly what the pericardial tissue is??

Wishing you the best with the new chemo. 40 minutes every 3 weeks isn't too bad. Praying that your side effects are minimal.

TAnn

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Cheryl I am very happy for you. I hope this does the trick. I'm so glad the fluid came back "empty". You both take care.

Cat

Don, tell Randy "hello" for me. It was really nice to meet you guys last fall. TAnn, it is the sac around the heart. My surgeon cut the top of my heart lining to create what is called "a window", to drain the excess fluid. So, I should never have the build up fluid again. I haven't met with my surgeon for a follow up yet, and he had an associate meet with me in the hospital, because he went on vacation. So, I don't know much about the procedure or even the cancer. I hate to think the worst and am trying to stay optomistic, but I have known two people whose cancer spread to their heart. It killed them. I don't like to think about it.

Cheryl,

This is great news that you have been accepted into the trial. Obviously, I am not a medical person, but next to surgery, I think that trials offer the best hopes for cure.

Hope it is sooooooooooooo successful and soooooooooooo easy on your body.

I'll go to a shindig anywhere if the timing is right. With my darling Earl so sick right now, a trip to the grocery store is tough.

May God grant you with multitudes of blessings with this new trial.

Love,

Cheryl,

I am glad you got into this new trial. I am like you in that I wish the fluid around your heart had been clear as well but if this new stuff works it will take care of that problem. I am very anxious to hear how you do...side effects etc. My prayers are that you do well....kick some cancer butt and have very few, if any, side effects.

Nina

Cheryl,

I'm very happy about your news -- and praying that this trial will be just the thing for you! I hope it not only wipes out your cancer for good, but also yields new info that will help wipe out cancer for others. Hugs and prayers,

BeckyCW