TBone Update July 28

TeeTaa

Hello all - just a quick update as I'm here at TBone's house with his kids.

It's been a tough week . . . after the terrible scare Sunday night and getting him back to hospice, he rallied a bit Monday and even more yesterday. His daughter Anna spent the day with him yesterday being his nurse, and I think it made a world of difference for him. He was actually mostly lucid all day, although still very weak.

Today was a different story, however. He looked really bad when I went in today, and he really never acknowledged either me or his kids. He's really showing a lot of the "signs" - talking "out of his head" and to people who aren't there, he hasn't eaten in several days, and is only drinking a sip or two after getting medicine. Although he hadn't said anything that made sense during the whole time we/I were there, when the kids and I started to leave, I leaned over to kiss him and told him I love him and that I was taking all the kids home for the night and would be taking care of them. He found the strength to say, "Love y'all" and his eyes followed us all to the door. Earlier in the day, Ann and I had each witnessed a tear coming from the corner of his eye, and something tells me there was another one forming as he watched us leave.

Fortunately, he doesn't appear to be in any real pain. ViVi (who also visited today) and I thought we should offer for one of us to come back up there tonight to stay with Ann and him there in the room, and she said she thought that might be a good idea. The fact that she accepted the offer says a lot to me. So once I get the kids settled with other aunts and uncles, I'm heading back up there.

I've just got to tell y'all something that's amazingly ironic. When our Daddy died of cancer on November 24, 1974, I was nine years, nine months, and four days old. Tomorrow, TBone's daughter Anna will be nine years, nine months, and four days old. Yes, EXACTLY the same age. Also, his son Elliott is 13 years, six months, and six days old, which is only four days older than our brother Guy was on the day Daddy died. No one can tell me there's not some meaning in all this.

Please say yet another little prayer for us tonight.

Love,

TeeTaa

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Many, many prayers and warm wishes coming your way. May God give your peace and strength. Tbone, how I wish you would rally, dear sweet man.

Cat

Tbone and family

Our prayers and thoughts are with you during this terrible time. We wish that there was somethng more we can do to help you. Our hearts ache.

Thoughts for finding some inner peace during this time

Paula and family

Dad dx w/ Stage IIIB NSCLC 9/03 - 11 cm tumor - right lung.

Chemo shrunk to 3 cm

Radiation

Radiation Pneumonitis, Bronchial infection?

Waiting for new PET scan

Oh TeeTaa -

I'd been worried because I didn't see any updates - so thanks for pausing to bring us up to date.

I only wish it were some better news.

My heart and prayers go out to you, TBone and all of your wonderful families.....

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

I really don't know what to say. This breaks my heart. I have kept you all in my prayers and will continue to do so. Tell Terry and Ann that they are in our hearts. I know it was hard to post this so I will say thank you so much. As you have time, keep us posted and let us know if there is anything besides prayer that we can do. I sure do wish it was a different story for T, but since it is not, I wish him peace and freedom from pain.

Nina

Yes, Tee Taa, I know it was hard, too. We all so much appreciate hearing from you about Terry, and we thank you so much for the update. I'm sure that everyone else has been just like me, wondering how everyone was doing. I'm still praying for all of you. I liked what someone else said on another thread today, so I'm going to be a copy cat: May God hold you close.

Love,

Peggy

TeeTaa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to update us during such a difficult time. There are hearts breaking coast to coast. Your experience also seemed more than mere coincidence to me. Perhaps there is meaning to take away in how wonderfully you all turned out after going through the painful loss of your father. There's so much we don't understand. I hope you can feel everyone on this board surrounding TBone and all of you now.

TeeTaa,

My tears are falling but my prayers have been said for God to be there with you all - I prayed that he will wrap His arms around all of you and you will have peace and comfort. I will keep saying many prayers tonight. Please know that all of us are there with all of you with our thoughts and our prayers. I am still praying for a miracle.

God Bless You All,

Nancy B

TeeTaa,

I have been scanning this board on and off the past few days wondering and worrying about TBone. I hold my breath everytime I look, afraid I am going to see what I am so afraid to see.

I wish so much that things were different. It just doesnt seem fair. Cancer is NOT fair to anyone I know but he is young with young children. My heart is breaking and I feel sick.

You are all such a wonderful family and the support couldnt be any stronger for him nor the love. It's such a helpless feeling, I know. God is waiting to call Terry home and when he does he will be at peace and in the hands of God walking the Golden roads knowing no sadness or hurt.

It is his loved ones (including us) that will feel the pain and loss. Time will heal us all. You will all see him again in Heaven and never be parted again.

God Bless You All,

Jane

Tee Taa,

My heart aches for all of you. This disease seems to sometimes not hear any of our pleas. It leaves me very sad. I struggle to rejoyce in the celebration of TBone's splendid life, because that is what God wants us to do. I will try to see things the way that God intened and be happy for what might be the end of TBone's Journey. To a place with no pain and beautiful Rainbow Bridges. May God Bless you all and I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Cheryl

TeeTaa,

My thoughts and prayers are with Terry, Ann, the kids and of course all of the family. Your family's closeness and support for each other is overwhelming. I for one feel that we are blessed to have gotten to know you all. May God bless your family and Terry. May you find peace knowing that Terry will no longer be in pain.

TAnn

Tee Taa and Vivi and the rest of your family,

My heart is breaking, too. We are all keeping watch with you, as best we can, and praying so hard for this to be a peaceful time even though it is too sad for words. I hope all TBone feels right now is love from all of you -- and of course from all of us. His is a life to be celebrated... and I pray that if he is not to recover from this, that he will be able to look forward to that great unending and wonderful fishing trip. My thoughts are with you,

BeckyCW