Had Experimental Chemo Today

-Cheryl-

Welp, I did not grow warts or morph into something with gills or something. I guess it hasn't had a chance to really effect me yet. My nose is runny, I have been sneezing quite a bit (really painful since I had efussions drained), and I have stomach cramps (could be some bad tuna salad from lunch!) Ha! :lol:

Actually, I am doing pretty good. I Just pray that it continues. I hope that I do not lose all of my hair. I am liking it! It is thick, dark, and very curley. You guys would not recognise my new look. I will try to update our avitar one of these days. I have web tv, and not a computer. Rick was kind enough to add Jack and I onto our signature. Hopefully one day soon I will get our picture updated though.

The RN at Mary Crowley's said no hair color- I say poo on you! I will highlight my hair if I so feel like it. You can not see my gray Ha! Besides, I put on a cap and it doesn't touch my scalp. Now watch it all fall out- Ha!!!

My doctor wants me to maintain my weight. Girls, why can't our hubbys be as excited about extra added poundage? Actually, Jack tells me to eat all that I can before going into this chemo. I lost over 15 pounds the first time, which was o.k. by me. I liked being smaller. Hubby rather have me with bossums though. There are only 2 other people doing this trial thus far. So, I can't really compare notes. My appointments are scheduled differenly. I will keep you all informed of whatever changes occur, as I hope all of us do that are on trials with exxperimental drugs. I just hope that all of you do not take what ever drugs they simply offer you, when they will only make you sicker. Taxotere was only guaranteed a 1% complete response rate! Most likely it would add only 3 months onto my life!!! That is not acceptable! It has been around 30 years!!! We need something new, we need a cure!!! Take your life into your own hands. You chose the treatment, the cure!!!

God Bless,

Cheryl

Cheryl you are an inspiration and I look forward tohearing only good things form you!!

As for hair color, my mom normally gets base and highlights. She lost 1/2 her hair from chemo and her colorist would not do highlights on her for a bit. Actually stil lno highlights. However, she did get something gentle called vegitol to keep the color bright and no grey spots.

Cheryl,

You are so sweet and such a wonderful optimist. I so look forward to reading ALL of your posts. I am praying for GREAT SUCCESS with this new chemo.

About the bigger bust. For me, bigger bust means bigger butt, so, for me, it's good-bye big bust and butt. (Psssst. I'm on a diet.)

Much love and many hugs,

Peggy

Hi Cheryl

Couldn't agree with you more about the need to try new treatments, given the dismal response rate of treatments such as taxotere (and the response rate is still only a small survival gain at best). You go girl! I wish you all the luck in the world, but with the attitude you have I don't think you need it.

I know I don't always respond to your posts, but I read them all closely and you never, ever cease to inspire and amaze me.

with love

Jana

xxx

Cheryl, you are truly amazing. If the treatment under study becomes a ray of hope for lc patients, much will be owed to the wonderful attitude you brought to it. Thank you for continuing to lead the charge in this battle.

Stand tall Cheryl, you are a hero to many here. The attitude and strength and courage that you demonstrate will help all who get this horrible disease.

I wish you huge success with this new treatment. Keep us up to date.

Hope your hair stays put. I bet you can snail mail a new pic to Rick.

Love,

Cheryl,

Were you SUPPOSED to morph? If you were supposed to, make sure you get your money back!

I hope you tolerate it well and it does what it's supposed to and then some (maybe the gills thing IS the answer - then you don't need the d*mn lungs that STARTED all this crap...).

My thoughts are with you,

Becky

Cheryl,

Glad to hear that all went well with your first treatment. I really hope you keep your hair too. I lost all of mine with my first chemo, then had a break and got it back, (very short) and then went on chemo again and lost it again. Now that I'm on Iressa, I've got it back again and just had it hi-lighted yesterday. It was still pretty short to do a good job, but it covered the gray and I feel blonde again!

I agree with Ginney that you are our hero. You show so much courage and strength that it picks me up to read your posts. Keep up the good work!

TAnn

Cheryl,

Glad to hear you are doing better. Praying the new chemo is the magic potion and your postings will soon say I am cured. That would be such a blessing. You are such an inspiration to me and others here. Hang in there, stay strong and keep the faith. All we have to do is believe and our prayers are heard and answered, always. Prayers for you and Jack...

Love Ya, Karen

God's Blessing for all of us

I'm "wooty toot tooting" for you and this new trial.

Go for it with the hair ... it's your's anyway. That is what my husband's step-sister said to a customer of hers.

Being only the child (grown up that is) of someone going through cancer treatment, I am not one to be offering advice ... but is there anything to putting ice/cold packs on the head to help with hair loss? I know I read it somewhere but I am having a brain fade.

Cheryl,

I'm reading some posts here that say for you to go ahead and color your hair, even though you've been advised not to. Having suffered a chemical burn to my head once (recently) while coloring my hair, let me suggest that you follow the medical advice and maybe use a rinse, but NOT a chemical color. It burns, it crawls, it HURTS.

AND, it may weaken your hair so much that it falls out - possibly permanently...

Chemicals placed on your body leach into your system. I'm sure you wouldn't do anything to compromise your chemo...

Just a few thoughts from a melted brain...(must have colored MY hair too soon!)

xxoo,

Becky