Fun in Heaven

TeeTaa

Checking the boards has been difficult for me lately, and reading today about our losing David A. was really devastating. After having a nice little tear-fest, a scene came to mind that brought a smile to my face and heart. I hope it brings one to you as well.

Here's the scene:

Two hard-headed "guy's guys" hanging out in heaven, trying to outdo each other telling the best dirty jokes you've ever heard. They're perched on the bow of a beautiful brand new boat, fishing rods in hand and throwing in all sorts of "fishing tales" amongst the jokes. No shortage of b.s. between these two! While most fishing pursuits are somewhat quiet, not so this one. In addition to the endless banter, this boat is equipped with the latest, greatest sound system, and the air is filled with the sounds of John Prine, Jackson Browne, and the like. The talk alternates from jokes to fast cars, how you never know your true capacity for love until you have children, how it's incredible that their wives could've been so strong through the years, how wonderful it is to have great sisters (couldn't resist that one!), and how the LCHelp message board was such a blessing in the past months (but wondering if there will ever again be a decent joke posted). But then they realize the conversation is getting a bit too deep (they are guys' guys, remember), so it's back to fast cars and "out-witting" each other. As they're hauling in fish that are suitable for mounting, they take off their baseball caps and wipe their (bald) brows and compare the cold in Michigan to the hot in Georgia. The only thing missing is that there's no cold beer in the hands of either of them. They're tempted, but heck - if they can get through cancer treatments without succumbing to the temptation, they can certainly get through a little ole fishing trip. But then again, maybe they do have a Budweiser or two . . . this is heaven, you know, so wouldn't alcoholism no longer be a factor? As they troll along, the boat approaches the Rainbow Bridge and they recognize so many friends, family members, and old pets. Greetings are exchanged, tails wag excitedly (on the dogs, that is), and they all hop on the boat to continue on the venture. But never fear . . . they'll be back to the Rainbow Bridge, all too soon unfortunately, to greet more friends. But for now, they're just having fun in heaven.

Thanks for humoring me this vision, y'all. It's just the only way I can make it through days like this.

Praying for us all,

TeeTaa

Wow TeeTaa, that gave me chills. I don't know about anyone else but that could be Hugh in that boat under the Rainbow Bridge. One thing he loved was fishing and especially with my brother. The two of them had such a friendly rivalry. Most of the time when I am thinking about where Hugh may be right now I think of him on that Rainbow Bridge. I love that whole concept (Thank you Norme). I sure hope Hugh is fishing on the river below it also. Thanks for a great new visual.

wow, what a great thread. i am sure David A & T-Bone are yucking it up and having a great time! The bible says that a day in heaven equals a 1,000 days on earth... so that means THEY will only have to wait, oh say 20 days or so to see ALL of us believers THERE (that would be 60 years)

Great visuals !

Joe

When I talk to my kids about "kitty heaven", I tell them about my cat Maggie who is chasing mice all day, never catches one, but is happy just the same.

So I think there is some beer on that fishin' boat, but they never overdo . . .

It's comforting to know they are there together, with the others

gail

TeeTaa--

So beautiful and fitting...

I actually "pictured" men I never saw--clear as day.

Although I have tears streaming down my face (I've lost a lot of water weight recently sitting here), I am smiling.

Such strong, conflicting emotions...

Thank you--Geoff will cherish reading that upon his return home.

TeeTaa,

What a lovely scene you have painted with words. I wish I could write like that. I think you must have hit it on the head. My dad is up there playing golf and treating patients who all get well. He and my mom are continuing their love affair of 63 years. I can't picture them anyother way.

Nina

Thanks, TeeTaa, for making my morning brighter. Glad to have you posting again after your brief absence - I knew you'd make it back before too long.

Sure hope TBone and David A took along a laptop or two so they can start a Heaven Chat. Maybe they'll call it 'Angel Talk'.

ViVi

Teetaa.

Even though I am crying right now, they are tears of vision. I to can see my Buddy hopping on that boat but not to listen to that music, - - I am sure he brought Johnny Cash with him for the ride. If girls were allowed he would have brought June too.

I will someday meet my Buddy at Rainbow Bridge. That was one of the last things we talked about before he left. He asked me to try and not be to long for he would be missing me as I do miss him.

Thanks Teetaa.

The minute I read that fabulous story I thought of Buddy and I quickly scrolled down to see if Norme had posted...God bless ALL of you for your visions and courage in the face of your griefs.

I'm not in a HURRY to get there, mind you, but you all sure made me look forward more to the Rainbow Bridge experience!

I LOVE this group of folks!