Duke of Earl - Chapter 73 - Winding Down

ginnyde

There really has not been much to report on my dear Earl. He was pretty much keepin' on keepin' on.

But the last few days have not been good. He is eating less, and he is not as aware and cognizant as he had been.

Today was not good. He is so congested and he is just not strong enough to help himself with it. The hospice nurse was here today and we have started him on Levsin to help with the mucus and Morphine to help his breathing.

He still has no pain and does not seem agitated, so this is good news. I am sorry to post sad news since we have had so much of it lately, but I realize how much you wonderful guys care for my Duke.

Your prayers are most welcome. He is a wonderful man.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ginny,

I've been away from here for several days, and can't stay long just now, but I wanted to take the time to tell you how much I admire you for your strength and endurance. This has been a very, very long haul for you and you have been such a good wife to your beloved Earl. May God bless you both now and forever. I'm sending you a big hug, and as you hug Earl tonight, please give him one for me, too.

Love,

Peggy

Ginny,

We really do care for you and Earl. Thank you for trusting us with the truth of how things are for him and you.

All the countless times that you have been here to uplift others...You have no reason to apologize for coming here to be uplifted. I wish only that I could do more than say I care.

You two are always in my prayers.

Ginny,

I am so sorry to hear that your Duke is not doing well. I pray for a miracle for Duke to gain his strength back. Miracles do happen, I believe that. Our Lord is watching over him and keeping him free of pain, that is an answer to one of our prayers. Take care and always in my thoughts and prayers each day.

God Bless and hugs,

Karen

Ginny

I am so sorry Earl is winding down but thankful he is not in pain. I rarely have time ti check in the past 2 months and it seems when I do it is always bad news. Please know that you and Earl are in my prayers. I pray he can remain pain free and that God will give you strength to face what is ahead of you.

Ginny,

I think by now, we have all come to realize what a wonderful man the Duke is, since you have such a gift of writing how things are through your eyes.

I'm so glad that you have been able to have him home with you. My thoughts are with you both...

Ginny,

I join the others in sadness about Earl's decline, but I admire your sense of devotion to Earl and his care. Seems that the two of you have a special relationship that is so seldom found in life. I hope you can take some comfort in the years you have had together. You are both in my thoughts constantly.

Cindy

Ginny,I'm very sorry to hear that Earl is worse than before.Tell him he has my admiration,as do you Ginny.I admire what strength and devotion you have given him.Us patients would be in a big bucket of sh*t if it were not for our caregivers.You have done such a wonderful job of caregiving (as have the others on this board).

So sorry to hear that news is not god at this point. Thank goodness he is not in pain. The Duke is so very fortunate to have such a loving wife by his side!!! Keeping both of you in my prayers!!!