Getting on the Same Page

Don Wood

Well, we went to the onc today, thinking we were done with chemo. Lucie has had 8 treatments. When the onc originally said 6-8 times, we thought he meant 6-8 treatments and he meant 6-8 cycles (two treatments and one week off). Soooo, we are only halfway there! Rats! Anyway, Lucie is taking it pretty well.

We went to the pulmonologist last Monday and with Lucie reporting that she gets out of breath easily, he has ordered CT and x-ray of her chest area, as well as breathing test and some bloodwork. All this we will do Friday, and then see him again this Monday. The onc was pleased we were doing this and will also rely on the scans to see where we are on the chemo.

Lucie is coming along fine and is in good spirits. We will be taking the fifth cycle of Navelbine next week and the week following. PET scan will be delayed until chemo is done unless the pulm's scans show something. Despite the myriad of tests, treatment, etc., we feel we are on a smooth part of the road. Thanks for your continuing support. It means a lot to us both. Don

Don,

Sounds like you have to re-adjust the ol' get-through-chemo sights again... A downer, for sure, when you have the party paid for (the "End of Chemo" party, that is), but enjoy the halfway-there cake and keep on keepin' on...

Good to hear you both are doing well and everything is being checked into.

Becky

Darn, how disappointing to think your done and then find out you are only half way there! It is good that Lucie is handling the chemo so well. You are both so strong. Let her know that I am praying for her and hope all the tests and scans show improvement.

TAnn

don,

you are always such a positive role model on this site, i am so sorry to hear your disappointing news. i guess it's a lesson to all of us as well to question our dr's. and not to assume anything.

anyway, i hope all goes well and i'm happy to hear your lovely wife is taking it all OK, and you too.

keep your chin up, sweetie.

Don, Sorry you and Lucie have had a little bit of a let down.Glad to hear tho that your both dealing with it ok.I guess now we'll just have to have another party when Lucie finishes this half of the treatments.I of course am just going tohave to have another bottle of Bud Lite when your done with it.Wishing you and Lucie the very best.Please tell her I said to hang in there tough.

Don,

I am sorry about the mix up with the chemo treatments. Its such a disappointment to think you are finished and then be told otherwise. I am glad you two are so resilient. The main thing is the tests. I will pray that all of the test results are good and that all of this chemo is doing its job. You two are some of my favorite people and I want only the best for both of you.

Nina

What a disappointment, but thank god she is tolerating it well. My hubby is on Navelbine also. He is on a 3 week on and one off schedule. His wbc counts were low and it interrupted his schedule, but we are starting again. Will be looking for the results of all Lucy's upcoming tests. In the meantime know that we are praying for you both.

God Bless

sue

Don --I hope Lucy's tests come out great---I am also sorry for your disappointment with the chemo, but as you know, Lucy is a real trooper and is so amazing --

I am so glad her spirits are up and she is tolerating everything ok

regards,