I don't usually ask, but . . . .

stand4hope

. . . please pray for clean scans for my husband. He got a brain MRI today and Chest/Abdomen/Pelvic CT. I have the CD of the brain and don't like what I see. I do remember what the last one looked like in March. We get results Friday afternoon. Please pray that I am a lousy MRI reader.

Thanks in advance.

Love to all,

Peggy

Peggy....you've got all my best wishes that yes, you are a lousy interpreter of MRIs. Hoping the results are much better than what you think you're seeing. Remember too, that how your hubby is feeling is also important and indicative of how he's doing.

We'll be waiting to hear what the doc has to say. Please try to relax till Friday....and I know that's tough....but try, ok?

Holding all good thoughts.....

Oh Peggy,

Prayers, you got it! One of our own, who shall remain nameless here(Ray :)!!!), looked at his scans before giving them to his doctor. He believed the two black masses were brain mets....they were eye orbits. :lol: Point is, let the doctor do the diagnosing, after all he did go to med school or perhaps got on of those degrees through the mail. You'll drive yourself crazy! Prayers with you both.

Love,

Cheryl

Thanks for the laugh, Cheryl. You have NO IDEA how much I needed that tonight. At least I will go to bed with that memory on my mind. I DO remember that, but I had forgotten. Poor Ray (I'm sorry, Ray, for laughing).

I can identify the eye sockets. I can also identify the largest met which still has considerable edema around it. What concerns me is there are so many more white dots, which are what was pointed out to us before as the brain mets. In one view, I counted 13. In other views, I couldn't tell if they were different dots or just different views of the 13 dots I counted in the one view. I don't think I want to know. If it weren't for the laugh you gave me, I would have had a restless night.

Thanks to the rest of you for the good wishes and prayers.

Love,

Peggy

Peggy, you are one of our shining stars, so kind, so supportive and positive. Seems like a good time to tell you that.

Yup, so hard to wait, but Friday will come and then you will sort of know. I sure am hoping for the best for you and your husband. PS I read our CT Scan but am now waiting to see what a professional says, so we are a bit in the same boat.

Happy Holidays, especially happy holidays for both of you.

Margaret

Peggy,

My prayers are with you and your husband. I usually pick up my MRI from the test location and bring them to the doctor. So, I am always checking them myself because I know so much (ha!, ha! ha!) Serioiusly, I know the wait can be long and the anxiety grows by the passing hour. Please that you are included in my prayers for hope and courage. Your husband is feeling great and that is a good indicator.

Maureen

Ok before I let poor Ray take the blame, the eye socket story was my self-diagnosis---when I had my MRI of the brain (when first diagnosed) after I got off the table, I looked at the screen and there were two big gaping spots---I did not ask anyone, I just assumed it was brain mets---when I told my surgeon, he laughed and laughed and said they were my eye sockets. I believe Sandy also thought her cancer had returned, and it was her heart.

I hope your husband's scan turn out fine, please keep us posted

regards

Eileen

Peggy,

I did the same thing. I picked up my PET on a Friday just after it was exposed to hand carry to the onc after my treatment was all finished. It was in a SEALED manilla envelope. All of my willpower to not open it lasted about 3 minutes. It was all of Pandora's Box in there. I looked at it and it was black marbles all over the place. I completely panicked. Called the onc. clinic. The nurse said impossible. I said, I have it in my hands and I am full of cancer. Please can I see the doc?

NOPE.

I waited all week-end and in to Tuesday. They knew how frightened I was...do you think a courtesy call would be in order? NO.

The problem? I didn't have my glasses on to view the teenie weenie dates that said before treatment and after treatment.

The tech loaded both images on the same page for the doctors' comparison.

I learned my lesson. Those were some painful days.

Surround yourself with friends and try to get your mind out of your mind.

And of course, as always, you have my prayers for misinterpretation.

God bless you, Peggy.

love, Cindi o'h

Peggy, all those dots are probably in your eyes and not in his MRI. :P You've worried yourself to the brink, and are seeing spots!

I'm waiting, and none too patiently, because it's the end of the week and brings me closer to finishing PCI, so we'll wait together, ok? We can see who can chew her nails into ragged bits fastest.

Take care. And stop playing doctor, unless it's, well, you know ... :wink:

Di

Peggy

I am sorry I am late in responding. I am whimping out lately, wanting to cry at every post.

That doesn't mean I am not praying for everyone, and now special prayers are going to you and your husband.

You have always been here for me and so many others. Lean on us while you wait.

love and fortitude

elaine