ONE YEAR STAGE IV SURVIVOR

CharlieD

My one year Stage IV survival anniversary was posted in the General Forum but for the benefit of those who missed it in that forum and espcially for those recently diagnosed with Lung Cancer that are looking for any kind of hope to cling to, I'm entering it as Good News, which certainly it is. My BIO below tells the story.

One year ago, I was looking for the door. What kind and color casket? Burial in Arlington National or the Local Plot. What's going to happen to my wife, my dog, my truck and my Bass Boat. The word on the street was that Stage IV Survival Chances were practically NIL. That dribble is still being spread through the media and even at times the Medical Community. THAT CERTAINLY IS NOT TRUE!!!! THAT DOG DON'T HUNT!!!! NO WAY HOSE'!!!! Myself along with many many more on this site are living proof that many Stage III/IV's can survive. Attitude, exercise and agressiveness in finding out the options are paramount to survival. Second and third opinions if necessary and seek help from the Cancer Institutes and Research Facilities.

I feel great, one year and one day later. Walked three miles this AM in forty minutes with no discomfort or shortness of breath. My only symptoms have been from Chemo and they have been tolerable. Hoping to finish this round of Alimta Chemo next week and praying that the Cat Scan will show at least stable or some more shrinkage. Then hopefully another 5-10 years.

God Bless all of you and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give up.

CharlieD

Hi Charlie..Can I have your bass boat and your dog?

(just kidding!) can't help but tease you! :wink:

I am so glad that you made it a year. Shows it can be done, and done well.

Here is to another wonderful year for you. Now...get along to opener after ice off.

love, Cindi o'h

I responded to the other post, and forgot that it was there and not here! :oops:

But I'm glad things worked out this way, because I needed a pick me up this morning. Yesterday's scans left me feeling unwell, and I was not looking forward to the stress test/PFTs scheduled for this morning.

Your one year survivorship and your positive attitude, Charlie D., is encouragement for "Oldies", too.

Thanks.....I needed that. :wink:

ps...you have a bass boat? I AM envious.

Great news Charlie... Talk about the agony and the estascy... what a difference a year makes. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

So good to get good news. Keep it coming.

There is so much hope for the newbies in your story.

Maryanne