One year and still going ...

SDianneB

Memorial Day 2004. The day I finally gave it up and admitted I was very sick and went to the ER where, over the next 5 days, I was diagnosed, scanned and biopsied, and started on chemo before leaving the building. I truly did not know if I would still be alive today.

I finally located this forum, made a post, dove in head first, and the rest is behind me now.

Aside from these pesky and unwanted liver "spots" (mets) I'm finally feeling better than I have in a while. I'm over the food aversion hump for the most part, have been eating like it's going out of style, blood counts this morning were "perfectly normal" after 1 5-day round of Topotecan. Can't get much better than that, all things considered.

From the start, I didn't expect miracles or sudden "cures." My goal has been consistent -- to maximize my survival. I've had some down times, as we all do, but for the most part, haven't had what I'd call a year spent "sick."

I'm just glad to be here as long as I can. I try to look every day straight in the eye, and go forward.

God bless all of you for being here and posting and sharing your experiences, knowledge, and wisdom.

Di

Di,

A BIG congratulations to you!!!! One year - great to hear! Whenever I read that, I get a bit teary eyed...hopeful that someday I can celebrate myself!

My very best wishes that you celebrte so MANY more anniversaries...too many to even count. I am so happy for you!

Kasey

You're one of the greats, Di....and I hope this is just the first of MANY anniversaries for you.

Next year, we'll have a joint bash at Cindy's Pub...okay? I just passed my one year since dx on May 10th. Close enough for a joint par-tay...wouldn't you say?

So glad you're feeling better and on your way with the Topo. Keep us posted on how you're doing. Love you....