Lucie's Headaches

Don Wood

Well, another bump in the road for us. Lucie started having severe headaches this week, which Tylenol Extra Strength wouldn't touch. The Norco she takes for breakthrough pain helps some. We called the onc and he has ordered an MRI for the brain, which she will have done on Friday morning. We are praying it is not another tumor. The onc also is prescribing a steroid for her to take. The headaches actually started before she started on Iressa, so we don't think that is the cause. We are still looking for that flat part in the road.

I am scheduled for outpatient surgery on Wednesday to remove the scar tissue that is preventing my artificial sphincter from working. We need your prayers. Don

Please you two you must have luck on the road somewhere ....thank you for all the kind words you found for my situation . It helped a lot and made me realize that dispite being on my own physically I am not in reality. Now I wish you with all my will power and with all my wish power that things turn out alright for you .

All my best Bettina

Don, I'm not sure if my memory serves me correctly, but I believe that headaches are a possible side effect from Iressa-which I know Lucie is now taking. The MRI is a good idea, but has the doc ruled out or considered the side effect possiblity?

Please take care of yourself, and know that you and your Lucie are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted. Deb

Guest Jonathan

I sure hope that there is no met.! You both have all my prayers this week especially. Either way, there are things they can do... if the topic of chemotherapy comes up, remember to ask about CPT-11 and gemzar....

Jonathan

DON, DID YOU SAVE THE PRESCRIPTION BAG THAT TALKS ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS. I KEEP THOSE UNTIL BUDDY IS FINISHED TAKING THE MEDS. I HAVE FOUND THIS TO ANSWER A LOT OF QUESTIONS.

HOPE THE BEST FOR BOTH OF YOU. HANG IN THERE WEDNESDAY...GOD BLESS.

Don...Both you and Lucie are in our prayers. Please keep your positive attitude and remember that headaches can be just that...headaches. But here I sit and tell you that, but when Howard says he has this or that my thoughts go right to where yours are! Faith, that's what we have to hang on to and ask for the strength to get through all of this.

Bonnie

Don and Lucie...that smooth stretch is on the horizon..God is working on it for you right now with all the prayers going up from this great group of people...you two are such a super couple..my prayers tonight are for many blessings to come your way SOON!!!!

Sending up extra prayers for both of us Don. Remember the advice you just gave me - No worrying until you KNOW there is something to worry about. Well, I haven't exactly taken the advice but I am trying hard! Hugh goes this afternoon for his MRI. I am praying for a sinus infection for both of them or a reaction to meds! Did you ever think you would be praying to have a sinus infection??? I hope we can both post in good news by next week!

Dear Don and Lucie,

I am waving my magic wand that is guaranteed to get rid of headaches and scar tissue.

Earl had some bad headaches during radiation - MRI kept him in the empty headed club.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and Lucie.

Ginny DeCoursey