Checking In.....

TAnn

It's been a while since I've given an update.

I just had my 5th Alimta treatment on Tuesday. I had some problems after the first 2 treatments, but since then have handled the chemo fairly well.

I had a CT scan just prior to the 5th treatment and it shows that everything is "stable". (there's that word again :? ) I'll take stable, but I was really hoping that after 4 treatments I would see some tiny sign of shrinkage. Oh well, if I think of the alternative....stable is good!

I'm still giving myself the Lovenox shots everyday for the pulmonary embolism they found back in July. My doctor says I have to keep taking the shots for 6 months. I'm running out of space to stick, trying to avoid all the bruises.. :( But this too shall pass.

I have my 6th treatment scheduled and then another scan to see how we are doing. My doc says if I'm tolerating the Alimta well, he would keep me on it past the usual 6 treatments.

TAnn

TAnn,

I know that 'stable' word takes some getting used to, huh? But you are right about it being better than the alternative.

Here's hoping that you will hear the magical word "SHRINKAGE" after your next scan. Hopefully these next 2 treatments may produce the desired response!!!!

Kasey

TAnn..

You are my hero...heroine.

I have always looked up to you with a reason. You go forward and "do" it. You have been through sooo much and still around to talk about it! I am glad that you have no more progression. For that I am truly grateful.

How are you feeling with the Alimta? How is your energy and all. Still an all day event to clean a bathroom? Some seem to tolerate the Alimta better than others...

Hang in there, Teri.

Cindi o'h

TAnn,

I'm so happy that you are tolerating it well...finally and especially that it is keeping things stable. This is a good news update!

I'll be keeping you in our prayers that things stay on this course.

Love,

So very good to hear from you. Glad you are doing well with the treatment. It sounds like your doctor has some good plans for you. Stable is good and hopefully next test results will be even better.

stable is good. we'll take it! sorry about the shots, my mom hated them too and the bruises are shocking.

you are such a strong, incredible woman. I love that you express your disappointment with not shrinkage, but immediately move into the positive re: stable! keep up the amazing work, and thanks for the update.

xoxo

amie

Teri,

Stable is good, in fact it's great. You are one strong cookie to be able to take that Alimta so well. After the 6th treatment, I was down but not out, but near. I did have good results after 4th so hopefully your next scan will show some shrinkage. Pulling for ya kiddo. Hang tough. God Bless.

CharlieD