Carleen & Keith Update

Guest Carleen1

Guest Carleen1

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and let everyone know that Keith and I are still here and still doing well. It seems like forever since the last time I was able to get to a computer and post, so I don't even remember where I've left off.

But none of that is really important. The past is the past, and right now we are doing fine. Who can ask for more than that?

Keith just finished another 6 weeks of Taxotere and had an MRI and CT scan on Oct 27. We received the MRI results which came back stable, no change. But we still have not heard anything on the CT results. It's been 8 days, and 2 unanswered e-mails. We don't even have an appointment set to talk to the onc. and we don't know what the action plan is until we get the results, so for this week, Keith is on a break from chemo. I am very anxious to get the news, but part of me feels very confident the results will be ok. Keith had an unscheduled CT scan just 4 weeks ago because he was having mystery pains, numbness and sharp burning sensations in his left arm. He also has been having a lot of pain in the spot that was his original biopsy site. That CT scan showed no growth or progression however. So, we don't know the cause of his pains, but as long as it isn't cancer I guess we don't care. :roll:

On other news, Keith and I are both doing great. We just made it through our celebration season as I call it. It starts with Keith's birthday 9/14 (just turned 34), 10 days later it was our 6th wedding anniversay, and 20 days later my birthday (and I am too much of a lady to reveal my age :lol: ). Also mixed in these 2 months is my mother's birthday, and 2 nieces' birthdays. And don't forget Halloween, which is only one of my favorite holidays. Who doesn't love dressing up like a crazy person and going around begging for candy; carving pumpkins; scary movies; hayrides...? So, we have been celebrating a lot and just spending a lot of wonderful time together being madly and insanely in love. Life is truly a gift.

I really like my new job, but am still a little afraid that the owners think I am more amazing than I really am, and I will not be able to live up to their expectations. They have pinned a lot of hopes and responsibility on my little shoulders. But, then again I do like being able to make a difference and help something grow. I guess only time will tell.

I have missed everyone here so much, and I am trying to read as many posts as I can to catch up. Unfortunately I am only at my sisters for the next hour so I can't post much. But every day, every hour, you are in my heart and in my prayers. I never stop thinking about you and loving each and every one of my LC family; with all my heart

God Bless

Carleen

Dear Carleen,

It is wonderful to hear from you and also wonderful to read you're encouraging words. I often think about you and Keith and look for posts from you.

Keep making those wonderful memories and stay madly and insanely in love.

God Bless you both,

Jane

So happy to read this report from you, Carleen!! Usually when someone isn't posting too much...we tend to worry things are going wrong... :? ...but how much nicer is it to think that things are going WELL...and you're just out there enjoying your lives!?? :D

My continued best to you and Keith. I'm so happy to hear that Taxotere seems to work well for him. I just started on it last Monday....and hope it works as well for me! :wink:

Keep on enjoying your time together as you do. It always makes me smile to read your happy posts and know how much you love your guy. He's a lucky man to be so adored....and I'm sure the feelings are mutual, making you an equally lucky lady! 8)

Continued vibes and thoughts for Keith to keep several steps ahead of the cancer, and doing well.

I always find myself looking for your posts. You and Kieth are truly an ispiration to others. Thanks for letting us know how things are going.

Keep loving, living and sharing. Life is so precious and every moment should be filled with love and joy. God bless you both. Lillian

Carleen,

I was so delighted to read your message!!! You and Keith sound like you are doing very well.... that is awesome.

I have thought about you two often and have wondered how you were....I pray that Keiths next CT Scan is wonderful and things keep going smoothly. Love, Sharon

I'm so glad you posted. Sounds like Keith needs a little break, it's always good to get re-energized before the next chemo, even if it's only for a week, it makes a huge difference.

So glad you and Keith have been partying and livin' it up! :lol:

Thanks for lifting my spirits...

TAnn

Carleen, Lilly John and Shirley , It is so nice to hear from all of you. Don't stay away so long. You are all missed very much. Glad to hear Keith is doing well. God hears our prayers...

Prayers and gentl hugs,

Karen

PS I have Carleen to thank. She brought me to this site. A Big Thank you!!!! :D

Hi Carleen,

Thank you so much for updating. At least we know that you guys are doing well and seem to be having a good time. :D

I hope that Keith's pain subsides into oblivian. He certainly can do without that. :cry: But like you said thank G-d it is not C related. :)

Continue to have fun, make lots of wonderful memories. Check back when you can. Miss your posts.

Maryanne :wink: