Lucie Update -- Good News but not Great News

Don Wood

Onc went over PET with us today. Large lesion on her liver has shrunk from 11cm to 9 cm. Onc was pleased. Other small lesions on liver either shrunk or gone. The bone mets are stable or smaller. Two new small mets -- right shoulder blade and left chest wall. Lucie will do two more Gemzar/Navelbine cycles, starting Friday. Nothing has grown, except the two new small places. Lucie has an LC history of developing small lesions here and there. Onc reminded us that there are still other options for later -- Avastin, Alimta and Tarveva. We were disappointed that we didn't have a clean sweep but heartened that we've beat the beast back once more. Thanksgiving will be a good one for us -- the fourth since diagnosis. Have a good holiday, all. Don

Shrunk, gone, not grown,stable, smaller, that all sounds very positive. Only that 2 new but small lesions keep it from being perfectly positive. O yes the other positive is more treatment and more treatment available. That is good also. Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving. Donna G

Don, you and Lucie are the best! This sounds like really good news to me. You are such a great team and together you manage to fight this battle every step of the way. Happy fourth Thanksgiving!!!

Don,

I wish the news was all positive but there seems to be more good than bad. Sorry about having more treatments. I am sure Lucie was hoping the chemo was over. On a higher note, more amunition in the wings is good news too.

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday and enjoy each other. Keeping you both in my prayers. I also give thanks that the two of you are here and able to be an inspiration to me.

Nina