Need to Talk.....

Ann

As most of you know, the time is quickly approaching the three year anniversary of Dennis' death. In addition of just dealing with the anniversary of his death, I also deal with spending the holidays without him. So, as you can imagine, this is an extremely hard time for me. For the past two years, strange "little" things have happened that seemed to make me feel his "closeness" to me and this has somehow helped me along. On Friday night, while preparing for my craft show on Saturday, I am certain that Dennis was in the kitchen with me. The "thought" first came to me that he was there and then, I could almost feel him right behind me. This feeling was so strong, I was actually shaking as chills ran down my arms. My son later told me (without knowing of my experience) that he smelled cigarette smoke in the living room. No one has smoked in my house for over three years now. Then, on Saturday, the strangest thing happened. Dennis has always called me "Annie Roo." My little craft business is called Apple Annie's Country Crafts. I had business cards on the table at my show but certainly nothing that mentioned Annie Roo. An elderly lady came up to my table and seemed to linger for a long time. When I finally asked her if I could help her, she looked at me and said..."Annie Roo...I was sent here to let you know that you are loved and you will be fine and also to tell you to really be happy at Christmas this year." Well, I was shaking after this. I asked this lady who wanted me to know this and why she called me Annie Roo? She replied that sometimes, God just tells her to say things to people and He was telling he to say this to me. She then reached across the table, patted my hand and walked away! I am still in awe over this but thank goodness my future DIL was there with me and heard and saw the entire things. Friends, I am NOT losing my mind. How did this happen????

Ann,

I call your encounter with that lady a "God incidence." I firmly believe that God uses all of us to help others that way. It can be anything from a sudden urge to hug somebody to saying words to somebody like this lady. And, I believe that Dennis can be watching over you and providing encouragement. You are loved. God is good!

Ann,

I call your encounter with that lady a "God incidence." I firmly believe that God uses all of us to help others that way. It can be anything from a sudden urge to hug somebody to saying words to somebody like this lady. And, I believe that Dennis can be watching over you and providing encouragement. You are loved. God is good!

Super! Glad you had this happen for you. I believe they are a way God does speak to us. I have had similar experiences. When Lucie and I were doing weekly visits to the local hospital as volunteer lay chaplains, the nurse asked us to see a particular patient right away and gave her name. Told us the husband was in the waiting room. I stuck my head into the waiting room and said, "Is Mr. Anderson here?" The guy in the room said, "No". We went on into the patient's ICU unit and Lucie was able to connect with the patient and have a good visit with her. The man from the waiting room came in, and I realized this was the patient's husband. I said, "I thought your name was Anderson". He said, "No, it is Thompson, but I almost answered yu because Anderson is my wife's maiden name." Now how did I get Anderson mixed up with Thompson? Only God knows. It added a whole new dimension to the visit. Don

Oh my God, that is your dear husband telling you all is well. THANK THE GOOD LORD!! :) How could you not believe in the afterlife...this makes me feel so good. I want to know all of our loved ones are ok and waiting for us. You were fortunate enough to get the message from God and your husband. I am so very happy. Have a great Thanksgiving...believe in it all...there is no other explanation. God bless you,...again, Nancy C :)

Wow, I absolutely LOVED that story!!!!

I'm sure that it was a little scary at the time, but it was just your husbands way of letting you know he is watching over you.

What a special way of doing it though.....having an older woman call out the special nickname that he used. How very sweet.

Another blessing in disguise.....the smoke smell still had you wondering if it could be true. Sometimes they have to hit us on the head to make us truly believe they are still here :)

You're a lucky girl......now do as he says and have a WONDERFUL Christmas!!

And Thanksgiving too!!!!!

Got it? :wink:

Hugs,

Melinda

I like to think Ann, that our loved ones who have crossed over, come to us when we least expect them to. But, if and when our loved ones want our attention, they'll do something to get it. :wink:

I know after I lost my loved ones, I looked so hard for a sign and I looked and I looked, and nothing seemed to happen. But, then things started to happen that I just couldn't explain, and THEN I KNEW they were with me and watching over me. Just makes you feel warm and fuzzy to know they will go to any length to get our attention.

((((((((((((((ANN)))))))))))))))))))))

ann, that's incredible. I've certainly never had anything like that happen, but there's a song that "pops up" in the weirdest places and times that is absolutely my grandfather saying hi.

I can also tell you that at my friend Rocco's regular AA meeting the Fri. night after he died, about a dozen little signs fell off the wall all at once...it was a collective god incidence, which is amazing.

ann, love and hugs to you during this season. what a give you received from that woman!!

xoxo

bunny

Ann,

your story is so filled with love. It just shows how connected you and Dennis were in life and that connection still goes on today. He is still looking out for you a letting in know everything is alright.

I found a great sense of peace in your story and in many ways hope also.

I have always known God speaks to us, your Dennis just validated my feelings.

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving

Debbie

Husband Alan dx small cell lung cancer Jan 10th 2005

Ann I KNOW that you are NOT losing your mind. I have had so many 'little' things like that happen to me. I was afraid to tell people for fear that they would truly think I was nuts. I will PM you later when I have more time and tell you about it.

God Bless you and Happy Thanksgiving.

How wonderful that he found a way to communicate with you. You guys must have had such a special love that he was able to give you a messge from the "other side".

You should be a peace to know that he is doing just fine but really seems to miss as you him.

Your holidays will be wonderful as you know he is close to you during this time.

You are very lucky... so many would love to experience what you have.

Thanks to that lady for giving you a wonderful gift. :)

Actually, I think this should be posted in the "Good News" forum. :D

Maryanne :wink:

Ann I think you already knew that this is special. Sometimes we just need someone else to confirm it. You and I have talked often enough about these things to not have doubts but for some reason we still do.

I really think it is this time of year. They know how hard it is for us to face those dates. As you know I have recently had things pick up again. I have not posted them because I have been so down lately that I didn't want anyone to think that I have really lost it.

Now I will tell you something new that happened just night before last. I was working an overnight. I woke up to go to the bathroom and I was conpletely surrounded by the smell of coffee. For those who don't know not long after Johnny died I was questioning what smell I would associate with him. The smell of fresh brewed coffee wouldn't go away until I acknowledged that it was Johnny. He always had a cup of coffee in his hand even on the last day of his life. I hadn't smelled coffee like that in a very long time. I have even been asking for it but it never came. Only when I was not waiting did I get what I asked for.

Like you I am counting down those last days and it is as hard now as it was the first year. Because of all of the other things going on in my life I have really needed something. I have no doubt that Johnny sees and knows and he is closer now to make sure I make it through this terribly hard time.

Thank you so much for sharing this. I think sometimes we all need to be reminded of just how close are loved ones still are :!: