Thank you for all of your prayers

TAnn

Hi everyone. Well, thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I had the nicest calls from Don Woods and our Katie B. What a wonderful place of comfort we have here.

I still don't know how long I'll be here, I'm done with my 7th of 10 radiation treatments. I'm feeling a little better today, which a little in my world is major! Still having pain, they are going to have some physical rehab for me since I've gotten so weak while being in here. They won't send me home until I can get around without a struggle.

My doctors and nurses have been wonderful. Hopefully by the beginning of next week I'll have a better idea of when I'll get out. I'm so out of touch, I miss everyone so much.

My husband helps me hook up the laptop in the hospital room, my family has been such a huge support. I miss my home, but know that I have to tough it out a little longer.

Now that I'm able to sit up for a while, I'll try to post more.

Teri

I am so thrilled you posted here. This is great. I just PM's you. I will be in Houston next week from Sunday Feb 19- Thurs. Feb 23. I can give you a hug from so many here you love you and are praying for you....in person. I promise it would be gentle since you have a doctor's note excusing you from unnecessary roughness.

Thinking about you all the time,

Eppie

Well, there you are! I sure am glad to "hear" your voice, Teri. You know me, the big worry wart of the bunch. I sent you a PM a couple of days after your post and it never got opened, so I figured you were having a pretty rough time.

I think you will see a big decrease in the pain in a couple more days. It usually takes about 7-8 days before the effects of the radiation to really kick in, but once it does, the pain just disappears. Hopefully, that will give you some encouragement and something to look forward to.

What hospital are you in? If you feel like talking on the phone for a few minutes, PM me with your telephone number. If you don't feel like it, don't worry about it. I've had plenty of experience with family members in the hospital and know that most of the time they don't feel like talking much, so I understand.

You take care of yourself, honey. I'm praying for no more pain for you - you have had enough of that the past many months, so, PLEASE GOD, NO MORE PAIN!!!

Stay in touch and post when you feel like it.

Love and hugs,

Peggy

How great to hear from you Teri, many people here hoping and praying that you got well enough to update us. Hope you get this pain under control quickly and the pt helps get you home pronto.

We miss you when you don't post but understand that the most important thing is for you to use all of your strength to get better and get home.

So very good to hear from you. It sounds as if things are much better that they were when you last posted. We miss you and are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! Hope you're home soon!