UPDATE ON BILL

kimblanchard

Hi friends,

THE CLINICAL TRIAL DID NOT WORK.

Bill's cancer has spread so much in the last 60 days that there are too many tumors in both lungs to count. We are just devastated. We went to IU Med Ctr. today and treatment was suspended. The oncologist suggested supportive care only. I am in shock. Bill is still not having any trouble breathing and is eating.

Tuesday we go back to his regular oncologist for another consultation.

Thank you for your prayers. Please say some more if you have the opportunity. We appreciate them so much.

Peg

Peg,

None of us knows tomorrow. This is a very hard hard time for you, Bill, your lovely daughter and Grandmother. If I can say anything right now it is to take each day and fully enjoy each individual one for that is all any of us really have.

I will be praying really hard for all of you. Don't think about tomorrow, only about today. Who knows, as Katie's said, look at her mom's friend, where there is life, there is hope. God Bless Bill............Love

Guest Michael

I'm so sorry to hear about Bill's recent setback. Go to any search engine such as AOL or Google and type in: Janet E. Vitt. Read Janet's story. Janet (registered Nurse) was diagnosed in 1995 with lung cancer that spread to the liver, pancreas, abdomen & Lymph System. You should contact Janet who lives in Ohio or the Kushi Institute in the Berkshires. "Where there's life, there's hope."

Peg,

I am truly sorry to hear about this devastating news. It breaks my heart. But like the others have said...there is still fight. My parents were just reminding me of their neighbor who was diagnosed with lung cancer and given about 3 months to live...that was 8 years ago!!! I believe in prayer and hope and you will be receiving many from me. Please take care and I send you hugs.

Peg and Bill

So sorry to hear your news. Hopefully, your oncologist will have a plan. As others have said, doctors are not always correct. (Katie B's story that she wrote to you) as well as others that I have read on this Board and elsewhere.

Sending a multitude of prayers and thoughts your way. Wish I could do more.

Gail P-M

Dear Peg,

Dr. Burris, Director of Drug Develpoment at Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, is my new oncologist. Here is his information:

http://www.tnoncology.com/burris.html

Centennial Medical Center does many, many clinical trials. More than any private hospital in the US.

I was able to get in to see him very quickly and my radiation was started very quickly.

I don't know what route you want to take, but Dr. Burris struck me as an excellent problem-solver and scientist. It is at his suggestion that my tumor slide is being analyzed to see which chemo would work for me (or at least that's how I understand it.)

I wish we all lived closer so that all of us could get together in times like these. I am thinking of you and Bill.

Love, Ada

Peggy & Bill,

Prayers have been said for you and your family. Your onc will come up with a new chemo. What about Gemzar and carboplatin. There is a new chemo called Alimta. I am not sure if it has been approved by the FDA, but it is on the same level as Taxotere, only it does not have the severe side effects that Taxotere does.

There is a site that Hebbie, one of our members told us about. It is from The University of PA about a LC conference on August 11th, 2003.

The site is: WWW.oncolink.com If you click on the conference it has about an hour of them speaking about new treatments for LC. It is worth viewing. I hope this will help in some way........ Good luck and God Bless

Praying for a "Cure" for all of us

By his stripes, we are "Healed"

Karen

Dx'd 3-13 - 3A NSCLC

Radiation, taxol/carbo

Dear Peg,

I am devasted by your news. I was so sure that Bill would do well on the trial. But as many here have stated there are many other trials. I like what Ada has said about biopsying(spelling) the tumor to try to figure out what chemo should have the best result.

Know that everyone here is thinking and praying for you both.

Dear Peg and Bill, I hope tomorrow that your local onocologist will come up with a new plan. The road to remission has many turns, and corners to go around. Please post what is around the next bend in the road. Donna