3 Years

Carleen

I am posting this here because it is good news, and I know it will give hope to many others.

TODAY IS KEITH'S 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FROM DIAGNOSIS.

He is proof that statistics are BULL! If he would have listened to statistics he would have given up and lived only 9 months as was prognosed. But, it has been 3 years and I am holding onto hope that there are 3 more, 30 more, 50 more...

I've held off posting this, as I was having a hard time feeling like celebrating today. Keith is feeling poorly from his chemo he received on Friday. He has sharp stomach pains and terrible constipation (he'd be mad at me if he knew I shared that with anyone :oops: ). Plus for the past 3-4 months he's had intermitant numbness in his arms which for the past couple of days has been constant. I am so easily frightened and brought low. But as I've thought on it all evening I realized 3 years is a victory. This is something to share not just for us, but for all those who need to know that LC is not a precise science with predetermined end dates.

Not much celebrating going on here, but I think I'm going to use this as an excuse to go to bed early and snuggle up close and share lots of kisses.

PS... I know it isn't LC related but I could use some prayers for Tuesday. I am going through embryo transfer procedure for IVF on Tuesday afternoon. I didn't have a great success with retrieval, so I could use all the prayers and luck for the few embryos I have to hold on TIGHT!

Carleen,

First of all, congratulations on 3 years - that in itself is wonderful news. Second, I want to thank you - I have been reading on this community for 6 months, and have always found you to be a strong, caring, inspirational person, and have found hope and encouragement in your posts. Thank you!

I am praying for you and Keith - that you beat this disease, and that your procedures go well, and you get the results you wish for. Thank you for who your are, and how you inspire others.

Sandra

Congratulations on three years...that's wonderful to hear! :D Wishing you both many more years to come! Like a previous poster already said - I enjoy reading your posts so much because you have such a wonderful way of providing support, hope and inspiration to others. This board is truly blessed to have you.

All the best tomorrow with your IVF procedure!!!

Sherri

Wishing you a peaceful anniversary and lots and lots of luck on the in-vitro!

Don't let the retreival worry you, for my last in-vitro while mine was a "perfect" retrieval, it did not work for me. However the other girl getting the transfer the same day as me---she did not do as well for her retrieval, her embryo qualities were not as high, and she could only transfer two, but both stuck and she is pregnant now with twins :)

Thank you all. I don't know what I would do without my LCSC Family supporting me.

And thank you Andrea for the words of encouragement. This process is very exciting and scary all at the same time and there is so little information. I never know exactly what to expect and what is good or bad results.

Thank You!!!!

Carleen and Keith - great news on the 3 years. Heres for another at least 30 times that many more! Keep on ticking .........

My thoughts will be with you as you undergo your IVF and with Keith for hope that he gets relief from the treatments soon.

Paula

Carleen:

Congratulations on 3 years! That is great! I will be praying for 30 more for you and Keith!

Also, those little embryos are fighters. They will hold on, and all it takes is one!!!! I will say a prayer for ya this afternoon! I know how stressful IVF is, its crazy. Just don't think about it for two weeks, and don't use the evil little pee sticks. They will drive you crazy!!!

Heres to Carleen, Keith, and ???? :)

This is wonderful news Carleen and just the kind of news that is needed to keep spirits high and hope in sight! I'll be praying for many many more of these milestones ahead for you and Keith....and family!

Love,

Three years is something to shout from the rooftops! So very happy that the two of you are celebrating this milestone. Hope Keith feels better very soon.

Good luck for Tuesday. Will be thinking of you!