Home Again!

Kasey

Not sure if this is off topic or qualifies as an update.........but I have been out of commission for the past several days :( . My good man, Fred, has kept me up on all the goings on here as I have been laid up. Long story.......very short (Fred says ~ thank you very much)......thought I was suffering from intestinal flu. Started last Thursday. Well by Saturday I was in pretty bad shape. Doc sent me to ER. 3 hour wait to get taken back. Another 3 hours to get a CT scan and bloodwork. More time elapses and I discover I have appendicitis :roll: !!!!!!!!!!!! So had an appendectomy (and not the laproscopic procedure) at 11 pm Saturday night. I am home and will be fine...................soon I hope. So that's my story and I am sticking to it.

BTW Katie........I told that surgeon I had to be fixed up good enough to fly to TX. He guarantees it :lol: !!!!! But for now ~ I am laying low!

Kasey

When the ER doc was listening with his stethoscope I forewarned him that I was missing my upper right lobe. Well, he listened all over and then listened all over again. He said.......you mean you LOWER lobe. Nope........the upper one. Had to listen all over again. He THOUGHT he heard something where there was nothing and nothing where there was something. Really inspires confidence, doesn't it :shock: ?????????

I am so glad to hear that you are doing well after your appendectomy. Someone told me that the lung moves up and fills in the space of the missing lobe. Think that might be why the doctor heard what he thought he heard??? Take care-good care!!!

Carol

It seems, Kasey, that having part of lung removed is the beginning...my lung went first, the gall bladder within months and just recently, the "nursery" left, too... I'm running out of parts to donate for time off from work! :wink:

Get back on your feets soon, girlie!

I am so glad you are ok Kasey and Thanks for the prayers I am always praying for all my friends and their caregivers. Glad you will be able to fly.

Kasey glad you are home and recuperating. Now we have more in common. I lost my appendix many moons ago.

About the lung sounds. The middle lobe moves up and takes up the space of the upper lobe. Then the lower lobe moves up and helps fill in the middle space. We also have that in common ( as you know!)

Take good care , rest and recoup.

Donna

Glad to have you back. It is strange not to see the familiar faces! I am glad that all went well...what a scary deal. Life certainly deals its fair share of lemons though...but also roses...thanks for all your positive notes! Glad to have you back!

My computer went "down" just as I tried to send you a post last night. Anyhow, Kasey, sorry you went through your appendicitis saga but glad to hear you're on the mend and will be fit for travel to the LC Bash. You take care now and let Fred wait on you "hand and foot." May as well get something outa all that pain.

gail p-m

Kasey,

Best wishes for continued speedy and full recovery!

Just a sort of silly and hopefully smile invoking side note here, and probably off topic, for which I truly apoligize, but... Is there a "season" for appendicitis??? My son was taken to hospital last week with severe abdominal pain and the Dr all but guaranteed us it was appenix. While we were awaiting test results, a young woman was brought in and rushed to emergency surgery for appendicitis! Fortunately my son was suffering the effects of too much good food from graduation that weekend and perhaps a touch of stomach virus.. Just so weird to hear of so many appendix stories lately.

Take care and sending prayers and best wishes!!!

Chris