The cancer has spread.

My father now has a very large tumor on his thoracic spine causing paralysis. He's been unable to walk since Friday. It is so large they started irradiating it today immediately after they found it. I am numb. He told me today to take care of my mother for him, and also for me to "take care of his girls", meaning my daughters. My father has always been my hero, and to see him hurting so is killing me inside. I just feel so damn helpless.

I just hate this for you. From your dad's words, it is clear how much he loves you, and how much he trusts you. I can't imagine how painful this is for you, but I am glad you guys can still talk about what is in your hearts.

I'm praying for strength and peace for both of you.

:) Kelly

I just got word from my sister (I had to leave and get my daughter to volleyball practice) that they cannot even treat my father with radiation because of the prior radiation. They've done pretty much all they can do for him. His primary care doctor and the oncologist are conferring to see whether or not they can admit him to the hospital for monitoring. I'm sure hospice is the next step.

Jen,

It breaks my heart to hear this, it hits too close to home for me. This reminds me about what we went thru w/ my dad, about a year ago, his cancer had grown, there wasn't much else to do, he wanted to come home and be with his family. At that point it was whatever my dad wanted he got...I pray that they make your dad as comfortable as possible and pain free. My prayers are with you tonite.

Grace

:cry: i am so sorry to hear this news tonite. Sending Prayers for the Family for Strenght and Peace at this time.

Well, they are admitting him in the morning (he chose to come home tonight to be with his family) and will have a neurosurgeon evaluate him. If they are able to do surgery, he may not make it through surgery...if we do nothing, he will become completely paralyzed and will lose all bowel and bladder function. We are already seeing some signs of that. I cannot describe the pain I am in tonight, although I know some of you have felt the same pain. Tomorrow is a big decision making day. The tumor is growing so fast they are afraid he'll become paralyzed tonight. I can't believe this is happening. The one way my father never wanted to live is happening.

Jen,

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I lost my father 2 months ago to this disease and it is so hard. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Stay strong for your girls they will need you as you will need them.

God Bless you and your family.

Jen, I am so sorry to read this news about your father. I know how terrified you must be right now. Know that we will be keeping you and your father in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how today goes at the hospital. I pray there is something they can do to help your father.