Joel's 3 month scan today(Update 8-19)

Maryanne

Not to go to Cindi's right now.

Joel got his results and unfortunately the little nodule in his right lung grew. :cry: It is still relatively small. They don't seem to worry until it reaches a cen.

But it went from 4 mm to 8 mm. Doubled in its size. Doc not sure if it was 4 to begin with because CT pictures are not always taken at the same position as the first one. So they are going to give him a Pet scan after labor day.

He also has an elevated liver count. I don't know the number as he did not ask. I was not with him during his visit.

We will know more after labor day with his Pet results.

I wish I had better news. I just hate that this is in his good lung.

Maryanne

Maryanne,

I HATE this too!!!! Joel is just supposed to keep getting excellent reports all the time. As always, he will be in my thoughts and prayers and I'll be hoping for a good PET. Remember that there are many here with nodules..............Fred being one...........and often they are not to worry over. Let's hold onto that for now. Sorry about this worry and stress for you guys. Try to keep your spirits up for now.

Love,

Kasey

Dont' jump the gun just yet! My nodules has gone up and down and up and down in size for over 3 years now. This last time is the first time it didn't change. Mine went from 4mm to 7mm to 5mm to 8mm to 4mm to 6mm. So, try not to let it consume your every thought! It's not uncommon for a small nodule to do that, go up and down and up and down.

I'm just going to keep thinking positive thoughts. As for he liver, well, being it always shows up high levels, again, I am just going to hope it's nothing serious. I have a dear friend that has the same problem and she is a 7 year LC Survivor.

Sending Positive Vibes.

Maryanne....I'm sorry I am late with this post...As I was reading I was hoping for good news...but hey...I know it is worrisome but listen to Connie B. ...from reading the posts..it looks like this "little buggers' do change in size ...up and down...from time to time...

Lets wait to see what the Pet say's...I hate this freaking disease...sending postive vibes and prayers to both you AND Joel....keep the faith Maryann...hang tuff...It'll be OK....hugs...PamS.

Dear Maryanne,

I don't know how I missed this, I guess my head has been up my arse lately.

I'm sorry the news wasn't better from the scans, hoping that the PET in early September will give rise to renewed hope and good news. Until then, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Oh Maryanne...

I am so sorry for this latest development. It is so unnerving to find involvement in a previously untouched area... :evil:

BUT, what has been said is absolutely true...these li'l boogers DO change in size on scans, sometimes simply because of the slice aquisition. My largest nodule goes back and forth between 7mm x 10mm, and 7 x 11mm. The doc says the same phenom. is responsible for nodules smaller than 5mm sometimes showing, and other times, not. It's frustrating - sometimes it makes you wonder why we do these every 3 months when "changes" on CT really aren't validated, anyway (does that make sense..???)

Anyway, I will be hoping, and praying that NED is still hangin' out at your house. NED is probably just "hanging out in the yard somewhere", enjoying the summer breeze. He heard Ry talking about that case of beer, and will be back on the couch anytime, I'm sure! :wink:

Hugs, Prayers & Hope to You & Joel!

~ Stacey

Thank you all for all your postive posts. For some reason I am really am not stressed as I just know that he will be okay. And his doc did say the thing about the slicing of the CT pics. So we really don't know.

Hopefully the Pet will show better results. I don't like the fact that his liver count is elevated.

Of course I will let you know the results.

Thanks again all of you, for all your support. You guys are great. But you all know that already. :D

What would we do without each other? Perish the thought. Bless you Katie and Rick.

Love ya

Maryanne :wink: