Jimben

myrnalu

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh so sorry. So sad.

jimben was a hero to so many. He had a calming voice for my little pal, Justakid, when it seemed no one else could calm her fears.

A couple of us knew something was up. I have had a message in my outbox to him. But, I really didn't want to find out that he was gone, I guess.

Even though he was short in stature, he was a big man with a huge heart.

I miss him already.

luv,

Cindi

Jim was one of my favorite people here. He was always so calm and had a never give up additude. I will miss him. Today has been a rough day here as well. I had two close friends die within a day of each other. One with pancreatic cancer and the other with Leukemia. To log on and see that Lucie is not doing well and hear about Jim is just a little too much. I am so sorry about all of it.

Nina

I did not know JimBen personally but Loved to hear from him in his fight and always hoped he would be able To Geta Line in the water. prayers and condolences.

Jimbens first post is this for everyone;

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:28 pm Post subject: No Longer lurking

Hello to everyone. I have been visiting the site for quite some time and have benefited from your support for others, as we are all traveling down the same road. My name is Jim, I am 59 years old and have Stage IV NSLC, I was diagnosed last July and am still fighting, I’ve had my successes and my failures, but as you all said so emphatically, I am not a statistic”. That response really hit home. THANK YOU!!! Overall I am really having a wonderful time, I feel good and am doing all the fly fishing I can find time for, I am still working full time and spending time with my four grand kids. I sincerely thank you all for being so open with love and support for all of us who have signed in and those, like me, who lurk. I will continue to be a daily visitor and hopefully I can provide others with the support and information that you have given to me.

Thank you all

jim

Jimben was such an inspiration to me during my Dad's battle with cancer. His attitude was always so positive. I loved that he was still fishing with his grandkids as much as he could. It makes me so very sad that another wonderful Grandpa was taken from his Grandkids way to early. Godbless his family and may he rest in peace.

Denise

Such a good friend we have lost in Jim. I am so sorry to read of his passing. He has been such an inspiration to all of us and he will be so deeply missed. He always was able to offer hope to us through his posts. Another angel has a special place in heaven today.