March 29, 2007

Muffy

My mother passed away on the 29th at 10:30 pm at my home. She went peacefully and I am proud of her for the brave fight she made with her disease. She went in peace, after sleeping all day, and for that I am thankful.I took her to Tenessee for her burial and now I am home and I don't know what to do. I have no one to take care of now. I miss her so much I can't stand it. I know I will get better, but I don't know how. I was supposed to go to work today, but I didn't. They called and I just couldn't answer the phone. I know she's in a better place, but my heart is broken and I can't do anything about it. I know one day I am going to feel better, I am going to volunteer at hospice and help others who need someone, but right now, I can't even talk to anyone. I know I am feeling sorry for myself, but I can't help it. I really want to get up and move on, but I can't. I have been taking care of my mom for the last several months 24/7 and now my life is so empty. God Bless anyone who feels this way. Someday I will come back here and help someone else to feel better, or with some advice as to my adventure with this nasty disease,when I am better. Thanks for listening.

Muffy,

It's only been a few days.

Be easy on yourself.

You go back to work when you are ready to say, "I think I'll go to work today."

You are probably exhausted...I was zapped the first days after...give yourself a break. Don't think about what's next...there's time for that later.

Muffy, I am so very sorry. I know how hard things are for you right now and how empty you feel. It may help you if you have a good friend to talk to right now. I found that talking helped to ease the pain a bit. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Muffy,

I'm so, so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom.

Go slow and take it one day at a time. The feelings are so overwhelming right now. You just do what feels right to you and the rest will all work out.

Thinking of you....

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

(((Muffy))),

I'm so very sorry. Be kind to yourself. It takes time. I so remember that I didn't want to answer the door or the phone either , after I lost my husband. It doesn't always feel like this. Allow yourself time to grieve. I hope you know that we are here for you.

God Bless,

Sue

I know that feeling honey, but one day you will feel better. This is all just too new right now.

Take time to heal and know that we are here for you.

My deepest condolences to you. I know how it feels to lose your best friend, you mom. Moms are always suppose to be here for us. It leaves such a void when they are gone.

Peace be with you.

Maryanne

I am so sorry. I lost my mom on February 8 last year. I swear to you that I feel as though I am wandering this earth lost, wondering how it is that I survive after her death.

But...that being said...I am "comfortable" with this grief I feel. I think at this point if I didn't have it I'd feel even more pain. And also, I honestly feel my mom's presence ALL the time, as if she has wrapped herself around me and protects me. She lived with us (my husband and our kids) and I am an only child. I always wished for a sibling, but now that she's gone I realize why it had to be the way it was. People entered our life and left, and it was just her and me when I was born, and at the core of it, her and me when she died.

This place can be of great comfort for you in these early days. No one should have any expectations of you now, and you shouldn't have any of yourself either. You're not feeling sorry for yourself; you're COPING.

Thinking of you.

So sorry for your loss, may God watch over you each day. I know what you are going through, I lost my mom last Feb. and she lived with us and I took care of her also. I still miss her terribly and I talk to her picture all the time. I lost both my parents 1 year apart, so I never really grieved for my dad, until my mom passed and then I grieved for both, so hard and I still cry all the time for them because I needed them so much this past year but God has given me the strength to carry on the torch as my parents always did in their lives but it still does not make it any easier.

I will say a prayer for you and may God be with you. Kathy

I am so sorry for all you are dealing with now, I too understand the feeling of being lost. My mom was taken from me on Jan 13th. I went through all the motions and sent thank you cards etc.ect. and thought that I was doing well and then the following week I could barely function. If I had a second of alone time I was balling my eyes out. I have now come to the point where I will cry a little each day but it is not so overwhelming anymore. The pain is so deep and the feeling of helplessness was so overpowering that I couldnt even talk about it except for here. Things are a tad better now so there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there and know you are not alone in this.

I also lost my dad a year ago October, to a heart anurism, and my best friend 2 months before that due to breast cancer. I am sure I will get into a better spirit soon, I just don't know when that may be. I think one of the posts earlier was right, I think I have to take my time and not try to rush things. I know that my mom is better off, she did not have to suffer at all, she passed before it got really hard on her. I think we were truly blessed by that, but I do really miss her.

I'm so sorry, Muffy. I totally sympathize.

And you know, no matter if our loved ones are in a better place, we still hurt because they are no longer HERE. Where they are doesn't make you miss them any less.

It's ok to feel that way. Give yourself time to mourn.

hugs,

Karen

Muffy, I am so, so sorry to hear of your mom. Erin is right, this place is a source of comfort - it is a place you can come and cry and vent and whatever, with no apologies. Be easy on yourself right now, do not feel guilty for feeling what you feel...it is all so normal. I hurt for you.

Thoughts are prayers are going out to you tonight...