Update on Bill (Updated June 27th -- last one for this post)

teriw

Hi Teri,

Just read your post. I am so sorry for all Bill is going through.

Iam going to light a white candle for him and I pray for better news.

Thanks so much for keeping us in the loop. Meanwhile, you certainy have received so much advice from people who have walked in your shoes.

Hang strong! I know Bill is but this has to be such a toll on you too. I could imagine how scared you are.

We have strong shoulders here and I know you know that we are always here to help you with your burden.

When I finish my posting here, I will send meditation prayers your way.

Maryanne

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to lie. I have been reading this thread, and just struggling to respond. Teri and Bill, I am so, so sorry for this setback. I wish so much there was something I could do...my prayers are most certainly with you, as you get over this hurdle. Stay strong!

Jen

Dear Teri and Bill,

As you know, Bill has been special to me since he joined in Novemeber. Perhaps it's that we were both diagnoised around the same time. More so that he always wrote the truth. He has been in my prayers daily since then. And then you came along. And you became special too. And I know I speack for a lot of people here. You remind me so much of Flowergirlie. Even as you struggle against this beast, you still have the strength to reach out and grab our hand as we fall. I will continue to pray for you both. Pray for healing, strength, courage and peace. I hope and pray that this treatment will work. And know that we are walking with you. What ever you need, please reach out to us. Hugs, and more hugs, Liz

Sending my thoughts and prayers your way. I hate to hear that this has happened. HOWEVER, once again I do have a story to share.

About 7 years ago when I was in the first year of starting up my LC Support Group, I had talked to many people all over the US on what I should do to make my LC Support Group and hit with those that attend it. I spoke to a lady named Judy, she was 53 years old, was a Social Worker, and on top of that she was a 5 years Small Cell LC Survivor with brain mets. She had undergone chemo radiation and then had WBR when the mets showed up and when I talked to her she was 4 years out and cancer free and starting up a Lung Cancer Support Group in New York City. She was such a delightful lady to talk to and so upbeat and positive in her attitude.

I haven't talked to her since, but I sure hope she is going strong and doing well. She sure proved that Small Cell with Mets to the brain could be treated and beat.

Sending you both Positive Vibes and Good Wishes.

Just a very quick update. I haven't been on the boards at all. Just focusing on us here at home. I'm now on leave from work.

We've seen drastic changes in the past two weeks. Bill had his first stay in hospital (and ride in an ambulance) since starting treatment last October. Only 24 hours, but he was trying to break out the entire time (no I'm not kidding -- thank goodness for narcotics). Thankfully I could stay with him the whole time there. Needed fluids and blood and pain meds.

Bill started his WBR last week. His family is coming to visit him from England and Spain. His kids are here now (he's just loving the time with them), and his sister, brother-in-law, and niece and nephew will be arriving next week.

Things are tough -- I can't lie. He has double vision and is still having a terrible time eating. Is dreadfully thin and is very weak. We've stopped the chest radiation as of Thursday and are hoping that will help him be able to eat (throat is terribly painful even with the meds). He managed some solid food today.

He hasn't lost his sense of humor and is absolutely overwhelmed with the love surrounding him at the moment. Is being baptized at church tomorrow and is thrilled about it. More worried about saying something to embarrass the pastor than anything else!

I apologize I'm offering no support here at the moment. I'm not sure when I'll update again, but wanted you all to know what's going on.

Much love,

Teri

I am so happy to hear from you. I've been so worried. I'm so glad to hear he's enjoying family. Prayers for you both and that Bill will get through this bout.

Congratulations on getting baptized. That will mean so much to him to know he's in the Lords hands.

God bless you both.

Teri, thanks for the update. I'm glad Bill is able to have a good visit with his family. Now is the time you need our support and you know that everyone on this board is keeping you and Bill in our thoughts and prayers. We will be here for you!

Susan

I am so glad you posted but I to am so sorry to here the tough time Bill is going through.

My mom really struggled with eating, I hope they are able to control the pain and that he is able to eat a little.

I want you to know that you are both in prayers.

Dana

(((Teri)))

I'm sending all my love to you and Bill, tell Bill I'm thinking about him, even in all that he is going thru is it something to see that he has a wonderful sense of humor, thts a very good thing. I'm glad his children and family are there with you, hopefully that means you can take a break or two for yourself.

Please PM me if you need and want to.

Grace

mega prayers for your Bill and you my dear for strength. I am so thrilled he has so much love surrounding him but saddened for the reason for their visit.

Praying for a miracle and the WBR works!

Hang strong Teri, we are all here for you.

Maryanne

Teri,

So sorry to hear about Bill's hospitalization, but glad to hear that he still has a sense of humor! I am keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers for successful treatment and swift recovery from all that radiation. Hang in there and stay strong!

God Bless,

Sharon

Teri-You are in my thoughts. My Mom is going through the same thing only her chest radiation was done before the WBR-Mom doesn't have any symptoms from WBR yet except very very tired. If you have any questions in ref to Bill's and my Mom's symptoms PM me-since they pretty much are going through the exact treatment and started @ the same time.

You take care of yourself and Bill and enjoy your family. We are here whenever you need us-you can PM me anytime.

Dar