Cyberknife treatment Scheduled

Don M

I have cyberknife treatment scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of next week. Then, I will be done. It took a lot of effort to get to this point. I think it takes about 3 to 6 months for the tumor to die after treatment. I will have a follow-up appointment in a month, and then track the tumor's demise with scans over time. Although this tumor has been very stubborn about resisting treatment, I think the ck will kill it and I am encouraged that I have no other cancer in my body as of the March scan and that I have had no new disease in almost 2 years. So, I think I still have a shot at a cure.

Die tumor, die.

Don M

Guest Kaylei

This is great news. Since this is similar to the Gamma that I've had, I feel certain too that the cyberknife will definitely get the tumor. I like with your procedure that you don't have to get fitted for the helmet, that thing is a little uncomfortable.

It will be a good feeling to know too that your tumor is zapped and shrinking away! And no downtime like surgery.

Good luck, I am so happy for you!

Don,

Sending prayers, yuour in great hands.. Consider it dead... Yes, it does take 4-7 months or less for results...

I am getting treatment at Stanford CK for 3x7mm spine met.

Pleasekeep us posted, you are such an inspiration and advocate.

Prayers,

Karen

Don, you know I will be thinking of you and wishing you well. You have been waiting so long for this and have been through so many hurdles. But your fighting spirit is immense.

You are amazing.... I will be sending prayers your way.

Good Luck!!

Maryanne :wink: