I need help-UPDATE 9/5-Update9/6

wondermom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jill,

You know I'm with you in thought every step of the way! It's amazing how low you can get, have everything turn around, and get all that hope back in your heart. It's great to hear that both of you had a good night's sleep. Keep up the good work and we'll keep praying for good news for your Mom.

Hugs,

Debi

Jill just looking at the update post. Usually in Hospital as you know they hook a bag of fluid. Well since they are draining a fluid they are replacing one. The diuretic is probably Albumin to keep iv fluid from building up too much water in system. Deb gained over 25 pounds one time and that was what they did to get rid of IV fluid. Continued prayers and BIG HUGS!!!!!

Here we go on the roller coaster of emotions again. I am waiting for my in-laws to come and cover my daycare for me. Mom is not doing well. She is very disoriented and had trouble breathing last night. Her doctor brought up the possiblilty of having to put her on a machine to breath. I know mom doesn't want this. I am so scared once again. Dad asked me to call my Grandparents and my mom's sister to come today. I am afraid it won't be long. My brother said when he was talking to her this morning she was talking into the remote control like it was her cell phone. She isn't even mom anymore. :cry:

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear of this latest development. I hope this disorientation is from losing all that fluid via the diuretics, but I'm sure the doctor's would be checking her electrolytes and potassium levels. This happened to my mother too and she was out of it mentally, they gave her iv's with the right stuff, and Mom was back to being herself in a day. I also know that with Tony, this breathing thing has turned into an escalating problem, so she may need to be tapped again already. I don't know -- just throwing out ideas. Please have hope.

I pray that things will turn around for her. God bless you and give you strength right now.

Welthy