I want to introduce myself

delgrip

Hi. My name is Kaja and I am from Southern California. I was diagnosed with non operable NSCLC stage 3B back in June. Tumor was 4.7 cm in my left lung and luckily it has not spread to anywhere else in my body. I went thru 5 chemo treatments first and then 7 weeks of radiation with chemo once a week. Just had the last weekly chemo yesterday and 3 more radiation treatments and I will be done this time around. I am so happy I found this site. Been looking for something like this for a long time.

Welcome, Kaja.

I hope your treatment goes well.

I had 5 weeks of radiation and two cycles

of chemo - cisplatin and VP16 -- that killed

my large (14 cm x 9 cm x 6? cm) stage 3 pancoast tumor of the upper left lung. Later I had a lobectomy and resection.

That was 7 years ago.

Good luck.

XOXOXOX

MaryAnn

Welcome Kaja. Keep us posted on your progress. My tumor was big too and had not spread too. One doctor told me that if it was going to spread, it probably would have already. I found comfort in that...

What are their plans after you finish treatment? Are they going to re-evaluate for surgery?

Barb