update

Don M

Hi you all.

I kind of withdrew a bit in the last month. I have not been on line much. Also, it has been physically difficult for me to sit at the pc because of the mets. There is still some residual pain even after the fenatyl patch and breakthrough meds are applied. I have found a way to support my right leg though, and use a chair next to me for a mouse platform. That way I can sit with my right leg fully extended and elevated a bit.

I completed radiation to the mets in my back and hip last Friday. They say it might take a month or more before I notice the results. I seem to get by now with the fenatyl patch and oxycodone for breakthrough. I hope the radiation will allow me to cut back on the pain meds.

I have noticed an improvement in my lung function. There was a point where I could not walk much further than 4 feet without having serious breathing issues. Now, I can go to the kitchen and back to my room. I got a wheelchair the other day. It has been handy for treatment trips. I can also use it around the house if I want to make a long trip like out to the front room. I think I may have some more improvement coming in my lung function.

I signed up for hospice yesterday. They offer a lot of convenience. I have met and visited with my RN case manager and she seems ok. I don’t know how much longer I have, but right now I am satisfied and grateful for each day and can find “quality” in each day. I will stick around as long as I can just to see what happens and take pictures of the grandkids.

Don M

Hey, Don, thanks for checking in! You wouldn't believe how many members have been asking, "Have you heard from Don?" I'm glad you found a tolerable way to use the computer and hope the radiation allows you to reduce the pain meds. Lots of good thoughts and Aloha coming your way.

Ned

I am satisfied and grateful for each day and can find “quality” in each day. I will stick around as long as I can just to see what happens and take pictures of the grandkids.

That speaks volumes right there Don!! Congrats on some good news and sorry bout hospice though....

Don,

I've been thinking of you and wondering and hoping that you were comfortable. I am glad you have checked in here and let us know how you are.

Very happy to hear about the lung function improvement but so sorry you are still in pain with the leg.

Please know you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs

Christine

How wonderful to see you today, Don. You remain such a remarkable guy ~ my inspiration. I hope the radiation does its job sooner rather than later and the lung function continues to improve. You have paved the way for many of us here, Don, with how to travel along this journey. Hopefully you will be comfortable enough to visit with us from time to time. In the meantime, you will remain in our thoughts, prayers, and hearts.

Kasey

Don-

I am so glad to hear from you - I have been worried, too.

I understand how you feel - I have just finished radiation to my hip and unfortunately for a while it makes the pain worse rather than better. Finally after almost 5 weeks it seems to be coming along. Hope the fentanyl patch (I am using that too) and the pain meds continue to make your leg feel better.

You have always been such an inspiration to me and everyone on this site. You are a fighter and I know you will not let this get you too far down. My hopes are for you to have a wonderful Christmas season with those adorable grandkids.

Hugs - Patti B.

Hi Don,

How wonderful to hear from you. You sure have been on my mind and in my heart. I'm sorry to hear you were having pain problems. It's not fun having to deal with nasty pain. I hope the meds will give you better relief. (((DON)))

I know you know this but, just remember each day is a gift. Our gift is you still being here. And your grandkids and family are also very gifted to have you here today. :wink:

Your in my thoughts and prayers each and everyday.

God Bless.

Hi Don. It is so good to hear from you. You are on the minds of many of us here, so thanks for checking in and giving us an update. You sure do seem to be able to make the best out of a bad card hand. And it is so nice to hear that you are getting quality out of every day. Please take good care and keep us posted only as you are comfortably able. Continued prayers

Sandra

(((Don))),

It's so good to hear from you. Not a day goes by that you aren't included in my thoughts and prayers. You have touched many of us in very special ways. You have always been such a giver and here you are, again, giving us the best of you and sharing the good and the bad of it . As usual, you are looking for ways to make your situation better . Hearing from you is a gift in itself and I hope that you can find a way to find comfort so you can continue to visit with us and keep us up to date. Wishing you comfort and peace as you go through this holiday season with your family and friends.

Love ,

Sue

It was so great to see that handsome face of yours!

You are amazing as you just never complain. We missed you here so much and everyone is sending prayers and good vibes your way. So glad you gave us an update.

Please if you can keep us posted on how you are doing.

Keep taking those pics of your grandchildrem as that is PRICELESS!

Hang strong my friend,

Maryanne

Don, so glad to see you pop in. You've got the right idea..."I am satisfied and grateful for each day and can find “quality” in each day. I will stick around as long as I can just to see what happens and take pictures of the grandkids. " I wish all of us could be satisfied and grateful for each day...because guess what, none of us know what thhe future holds.

Thhanks for words of wisdom I'm going to take to heart,.

Don,

I noticed your post in Ry's update on Rich first. It was so good to see you back onboard. I'm happy you found a way to sit at the computer because so many people miss you and ask about you. That must be comforting. You really are a "can do" kind of guy and a good example for us all. Hope the pain continues to diminish.

Judy in Key West