Sandra

Patti B

It is with an incredibly heavy heart that I pass along the information that our dear Sandra passed away on Saturday. Pat contacted me via email and PM to let me know. He was with her at the end and now has the incredible job of trying to tell his children.

I am absolutely devastated. She was my friend, we called each other crazy cancer sisters, and I will miss her so much. She was way too young and so are her children.

She is now at peace and I pray that God is gentle on her family.

I just can't stop crying.

Hugs - Patti B.

I am so very saddened to read this . Sandra was such an inspiration to so many. My heart goes out to her family and all her friends... (((Patti))), I know you are Sandra were especially close and my heart hurts for you too. She will be missed, but never forgotten here by our lcsc family. May God be with her family at this very painful time.

Sue

Sandra was a very dear friend to me also.. My thoughts prayers and condolences this AM to ehr friends and family!! This is a link to her favorite place in the world she oce told me!!!

http://www.butchartgardens.com/the-gard ... -tour.html

Sandra and I joined this site at the same time. We connected maybe because we were new to this journey and Canadians. Over the last 2 years, we became good friends and talked often. We leaned on each other to cheer each other up if one was feeling down.

We always talked about other members that would get together in person and how nice that must be. To meet people in person that were going through the same journey, that you had gotten to know here. We talked about having lunch together and a get together for Canadian members. Sandra would always say that she didn't want the first time we met to be in heaven. I am sure she is there now looking down on all of us.

Miss you Prairie girl.

No, no, no, no NO!

I know Sandra is out of pain and at peace, but she wanted so much to be here for her children and husband. I am praying for their strength and for their peace as they come to terms with the loss of Sandra.

As for those of us here, my friends we have lost another shining light. Sandra was always quick with an encouraging word and to share her experiences. She will be dearly missed.

Susan

The tears ... the heartache. I so identify with Bruce - we became friends over the past couple of years ... sharing stories of our children, our lives, our hopes and dreams and our fears. We, too, talked about getting together to actually "meet" and share some laughs. And now ...

There are no words to describe the sadness I feel for Sandra's family - I know she never wanted her children or her husband to have to deal with the insanity of this disease.

With a heavy heart and many tears I say "God speed, my friend, until we meet in heaven." :cry:

Linda

This is so difficult. Though we never met, I came to know Sandra as a very special lady with a certain spark that illuminated everything she touched. My deepest condolences to her family and all who loved her. I feel compelled to do something particularly meaningful today in her honor.

Ned

I am absolutely heartbroken for Sandra's family, friends and loved ones.

Even though most of us here knew Sandra only through her written words, she has touched our lives in a most marvelous way. If she could touch us so deeply through a computer screen, I can only imagine how much greater her impact must have been on those who knew her personally.

My deepest condolences to all who knew and loved this remarkable woman.

I have no words. All I could do when I heard Sandra was gone from us was come here to this thread, Grieving Sandra. Then I went to her favorite place. Thanks Randy for including the Butchart Gardens. A particular love of flowers and gardens was just one of the things Sandra and I had in common.

Judy in Key West

It never ceases to amaze me how we can become so connected to people who we have never met, Nor the impact the loss of one can have on so many. I am sure that she sees all the love and tears. I add my prayers to those of all of you that she is painfree and at peace now. I also pray for her family and this family as well. With a heavy heart once again. Lillian