Hospice

Lin wilki

So this site has been very helpful and all you you guys are great

saw my oncologist today. Besides my cancer I have severe interstitial lung disease. After my PET they see the cancer has moved into these breathing spaces. The last month has been very difficult and oxygen isn’t really helping. So it was decided to end treatment. I believe it is the right thing to do since I really couldn’t handle more treatment 

I may still creep on here and see how everyone is doing

I'm so sorry, Lin, that the options have run out for you. Still, when that's the situation, it's courageous to do what's best for you under all of the circumstances. 

Will you be receiving care at home, or staying at an inpatient hospice?

I hope you are comfortable and able to continue to check in with us. 

Sending a hug.

I’ll be at home and of course the plan is comfort!!  I’ve been so miserable pretty much through this whole thing 

Nonody wants their time so short but I sure did try

40 minutes ago, Lin wilki said:

Nonody wants their time so short but I sure did try

You sure did. And I really have come to dislike the metaphor of a patient's "battle" against cancer--where you can wind up a "winner" or a "loser." I guess there's a tendency to want to believe if we "fight" hard enough, we'll "win" the battle. It just doesn't work that way.

Lin, 

I'm so sorry that the options are no longer there for you.  You will be in my prayers and I can only hope that you'll find some of the comfort you richly deserve that you gave up to go through the treatments.  I agree with Lexie, we don't win or lose this battle, we just do the best we can to survive it for as long as possible.  Please know that there are folks here who truly care for you in a deep way.  

Lou

Very sad news. I am sure all survivors contemplate reaching the point you are at. I know I do.

Please post occasionally. Maybe inform on what palliative care works, which dont and anything else you think may help others who will confront the same.

I was with my brother his last month but caregiving is not the same as being the patient. I have often wondered what my brother experienced in that last month. I may find out.  It was over 20 years ago and I still remember him daily.

Hoping for a miracle, but rest assured you will be missed.

Peace

Tom

Lin,

I do hope you feel better. You've been through a slug of treatment. I know what that feels like. I also know about decisions to stop treatment. When we were failing 4th line treatment, we were in that decision zone.

I can't offer a solution; I have no magic bullet. I will pray for your peace, and that you close around your family and friends.

Stay the course.

Tom

My heart goes out to you.  I know this is something we all may have to face in our cancer journey.  It's something that I have thought about and is very difficult.

I hope you are at peace and will be in total comfort.  I'll also hope for a miracle.

Sending a huge tender hug ❤️

So sorry, Lin. I do understand the point you are at, as my husband and I have talks pretty much every day about whether continuing any future treatment is worthwhile. His health has deteriorated so significantly and he is in so much pain that there is not much he can do anymore other than watch TV or sleep. We will be talking with his oncologist this week about next steps (if any), based on his recent PET scan.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts, and hoping that you feel better without the treatment.

Archived