T-Bone's Scans

TeeTaa

Just wanted to ask you all to keep my big brother T-Bone in your thoughts and prayers today. He gets this 6th (I think) of his 18 chest radiation treatments this morning, then is having an MRI of his head and a CT scan of his chest this afternoon. Hopefully, we'll see that the WBR treatments he had in January have made him a member of the Empty Head Club! He's not feeling well at all these days, hence his lack of posts . . . his wife Ann told me last night that he was aching all over and thought he might have the flu. Let's hope not!! ViVi and I are both meeting him and Ann for all the "stuff" he's having done today, and hope to be able to get with his doctor(s) later today for some results. We've found that often the saying "there's strength in numbers" is true. And besides - I'm with him all day, every day in thought, so I may as well be there in person too. Cross all those fingers and toes for good results!! We'll let y'all know something later today.

Blessings to you all on another day of survival.

Love,

TeeTaa

Good morning, Everyone!

I was just about to post to ask for your special thoughts and prayers for TBone today when Tee Taa's post from Atlanta came in. But I'm going to ask anyway, as there can never be too many of either.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a post from TBone, either, but I do know that he had a rough day yesterday so he may just not be up to it.

I will be thinking of each of you today.

ViVi

TeeTaa and ViVi,

My families prayers are with you....... Take care of T-Bone, he needs some rest after tosay, and everything he is going thru.....listen to the signs that his body is providing and make sure the doctors know (listen and hear !) everything....... In Christ, Joe

Hi everybody,

Thanks so much for all the support and prayers and concern.I think that my fatique is left over from the whole brain radiation.It seems to get a bit better every day.I feel better this morning than I have in a long time and I just hope it stays that way for a while.I don't know when we will get scan results but will post them as soon as we know anything.I am hoping for the best but prepared for anything and it sure helps a bunch to have all this support.Thanks so much to all of you and especially to my wonderful,supportive family who know just when to give me a shot of encouragement.Love to you all.TBone

Sending lots of prayers for you Tbone. I will say that you are already very blessed to have such a large caring family who are willing to share each step with you. Too bad it can't be that way for everyone. God Bless and hang in there. You have so many in your corner how could you miss.

Hey T Bone,

Drink plenty of water today and tomorrow. The days I do double scans with double contrast are usually leaving me feeling quite icky, and I am supposedly feeling "well" now. Rest up too, cause the contrasts are alot to take together.

Hope the scans look good!

XOXOX

MaryAnn

Dear friends,

TBone tolerated his scans fine today but they did take a while. And he actually ATE afterwards so it was an okay day. But we won't have the results until Wed. morning when we (and probably a few more siblings) will once again converge on the medical establishment in Columbus. They're beginning to run now when they see us coming. Actually, they don't really do that - especially when we're bringing a cake! It's amazing what wonders a little bribery can work! And if bribery doesn't work, we have other tactics, as I am sure you can imagine if you've read our posts. Timidity is not one of our virtues!

Our names? Tee-Taa, whose 'real' name is Katha (pronounced 'Kay-tha'), began calling me 'ViVi' (instead of 'Ginger') when she first started talking (She's 13 years younger than I am). Then she called me 'Big ViV' and called herself 'Little ViV'. Later I became 'Ol' ViV' and she was still 'Little ViV'. Thank goodness it has reverted back to ViVi. She has two daughters, Abigail Virginia (my namesake) and Olivia Marie, whom we call 'Livi'. Got it?

The 'next generation' nicknamed Katha 'Tee Taa' but my daughter, GiGi, has always called her Taa Tee. Confused? You should live here! If that's not confusing enough, Mama's name is Matha and we have another sister named Cathy. But it really doesn't matter because when one of us calls or is called, we all come a'runnin'.

Thanks for your prayers today.

ViVi, alias Big ViV, alias Ol' ViV