Jack Had a Heart Attack!

-Cheryl-

Hello Everyone,

I haven't posted for few days because Jack had a heart attack. Jack was feeling a tightness in his chest, nauseated, dizzy, fatiqued, and weak. He insisted it was the flu! Finally, he agreed to go to the ER. I told him to tell them he had chest pain to get treated quicker, but suspected it was a heart attack. When the doctor came back with the results of a heart attack, Jack says "No, I just said my heart hurt to get treated quicker, are you sure it isn't the flu?" (Jack still had a hard time accepting the fact that he had had a heart attack, despite all the risk factors he had) The doctor said, "No Mr. Ferguson, you a have had a heart attack and I am sending you by ambulance to Baylor Hospital in Dallas." Further tests revealed 3 major arteries 90% blocked!!! They put a stint in 2 arteries tonight, and will do the 3rd one on Monday. I am so worried about my Jack, I truely do not care to be here on this earth without him. I am exhaustepd and stressed to the max, but he is doing pretty good considering! I will keep you all updated. Please keep him in your prayers.

Cheryl

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Cheryl,

I am so sorry to hear about Jack! How very scary. My mom has had 2 stents put in, angioplasties and her aortic valve replaced. All went well with her and I know it will be the same for Jack. Please know you are both in my prayers. Blessings and hugs to you!!!!!

Cheryl,

My heart goes out to you and your Jack. I am so glas you convinced him to go to the ER, and that they are doing what needs to be done for him. Pls know that you and Jack are on my mind, and that I am hoping for all things good for the both of you. Give Jack my best, and I hope to hear he is back home with you soon. Pls take care of you too,

Elaine

Hey Cheryl.

I have always thought Jack to be the image of a very strong individual (from his photo, with that great head of hair and all) and I'm sure he'll be up and about in no time. Hope everything goes well for the next operation.

By the way, in my first aid course they said men were more likely to say heart attack symptoms were due to indigestion or something other than a heart attack, and would need to be pushed to go seek medical help. He's in our prayers. Take care Cheryl, and keep us posted.

David P.

In some way Jack is blessed that he had symptoms and you to push him to get them checked out. Sounds like they have given him excellent care and with the stints in place a "bridge" to better health. With all those vessels blocked if this had not happened they may have clogged off 100%. So sad you have this additional stress but glad to hear his treatment should be him on the mend. Donna G

Oh Cheryl,

Dont worry Jack will be okay. Like said in other post the medical field has really advanced in coronary conditions. I know it doesnt make it any less scary though. Just make sure you take care of yourself during these next few weeks.. Send Jack my Get Well wishes, and keep us informed on his progress..

Cheryl,

Oh my gosh...Please send Jack my get well wishes...how fortunate you got him to the hospital...heart attacks can present in very "tricky" ways.

You both remain in my thoughts and prayers...please keep us updated whenever you can.

Take care,

Lynn

Dear Cheryl,

I don't even know where to begin. Problems really do seem to come to some in multitudes.

But I really agree on the advances in medical science for heart problems, stents, angioplasty and on and on. It was good that Jack had symptons and that Jack had you to nag him to go to the hospital.

He will be back on his feet soon. I bet he changes his life style real fast. My sister and good friend have both had heart attacks in the last two years and both have really altered their life styles.

Make sure to be good to yourself, ask for and get the help that you need. You do not need anymore additional stress.

Love,

Ginny

(((Cheryl))))))

I was so surprised to hear Jack had a heart attack!! We go on day to day facing our cancer and don't think that the caregiver can get sick too. You know my hubby, Tom had surgery on his R arm 3 weeks ago. I had to take care of him. Now it is your turn, to do all the little extras. Do not overdue!! Love to both of you and my prayers are being said for his healing.

Love Cindy

Dear Cheryl,

I'm very sad to hear about Jack but it sounds like they did get on top of this at an incredibly fast speed. The scary part was him walking around not knowing what was going on inside him. Thx to your pushing he has been diagnosed and from now on will be as good as new i'm sure. Consider this a wake up call!!

God Bless us All..

Francine

I am so sorry to hear Jack had a heart attack and fortunately, it is found at the earlier stage. Please do not too worry and you need to take care of yourself. Don't worry too much as he is now in the hospital that doctors will take care of it.

Get more rest and you both are in my prayers.

Cheryl,

So glad the condition was caught. I will say prayers for you both. Make sure you take it easy, and ask for help and support when you need it. Wish I lived close so I could take care of the horse chores for you!

Thinking of you both,

Faylene

Cheryl, I am so sorry to hear that Jack had a heart attack. You two have enough woes. As you know, I am no stranger to this disease. You are both in my prayers, and I know he will come through this. He may have to change his life style some, particularly the diet. I am an 8-year survivior of heart bypass surgery, and I am a lot older. Hang in there. Don

Cheryl, I havn't been around much-so I apologize for not having responded to your post sooner. I am so sorry that you and Jack are having to go through this. If it helps at all, I know several friends and family members that have had to have bypass surgery, etc. and I will tell you that after the surgery, each and every one of them felt like "a new person". After recovering from surgery, they each felt like they had more energy and were also more aware and took better care of themselves, realizing how lucky they were.

I hope that you hear Jack say the same thing very soon. It really is such a good thing that you made Jack go to the hospital and that he had the good sense to listen to you!!!

Sending my love and best wishes and prayers to you both!!! Take care, and let us know how everything is going-Deb