Half Way!!

Ry

I am half way through my IV antibiotics for the endocarditis. Three weeks down, three to go. It's not been pleasant but I keep thinking it won't be much longer and hopefully I will be back to normal (no comments David) and have energy again. The antibiotic is pretty harsh and it knocks me right down for several hours a day.

John has been a great in the caregiver role, sets up my IV's and gets up with our youngest to get her off to school so I can sleep. The only good thing about this is I now have plenty of time to catch up on the posts and PM people.

Take Care,

Rochelle

Only 3 more weeks to go, and you'll be line-less....or at least I hope you will be pic-line-less. I hope you will also be germless. No more heart infections, okay? You've done this what? Twice now? That's more than enough for one girl to do.

I am so glad you are back here, Ry.

Ry,

I am so glad you are doing better and are on the mend. Before you know it, you won't have that IV in your arm. It's amazing how fast time flys, especially when we're having fun. LOL We are blessed and God heals us and cures us. That's awesome John is doing great and can help you in your time of need. Don't we have awesome husbands. You go guys...

Blessings, prayers and hugs,

Karen

Ry,

I think about you often and was very glad to know you are doing ok. This last 3 weeks should get easier for you....but don't get anymore heart infections. You have been through enough. Did you have mitral valve prolapse or other valve involvment? Just wondered. I have two murmurs and must always take antibiotics before any procedure and was wondering if you had the same problem.

Won't be long and you will be back to normal....

Nina,

aka Nushka

Nina~

Yes I have mitral valve prolapse. I do take antibiotics before I go to the dentist but for some reason I got sick anyway. This is actually the second time I've had this from going to the dentist. I had it years ago in my 20's right after I graduated from college, so I am always careful about taking the antibiotics. I was pretty sure I had it again as soon as I got the fever but my doctor didn't believe me and didn't do the blood cultures right away. It is nasty stuff so don't ever miss your pre-med!

Rochelle

Ginny, GETTING the choppers would involve oral surgery, too! (We had an employee who wanted to find a dentist who would pull all his bothersome teeth - when he got the details, he changed his mind)

Ry, I hope the second half flies by for you. And maybe they should up your pre-med antibiotics?