CT Results

Nancy B

Hi

My CT results show a 1.2 cm "suspicious of metastatic nodule". I am being referred to a surgeon, I guess for a needle biopsy. Can it be possible that this could have metastized after 4 years?? I had no positive nodes with my last surgery.

I am dreading the needle biopsy - the last time my lung collapsed and it took 4 tries and 2 doctors to get the chest tube inserted correctly. It was painful and traumatic.

I am holding on tight but these roller coaster dips are bigger than I remember. My husband is a sweetheart but he really doesn't handle this very well - I really need you guys. Thanks for being here.

Hugs,

Nancy B

Holy cow, Nancy, I felt THAT dip in my bladder...

It's not metastatic disease, it's allergies...

I remember that biopsy thingy - didn't like it at all. I ESPECIALLY didn't like that being-awake-during-it part....

This one will go smoother for you, results will be a benign mass and you will go on about life. It IS possible for it to be a recurrence, but we aren't going to let it be, okay?

Hang in there, I hate this roller coaster ride, too - I'm more a carousel-type girl (just love those beautiful horses in contrast to a car someone may have puked in, ya know?).

Here's to good news!

Becky

Hey Nancy,

Hummmmmm..... I have a nodule in my one and only lung that lite up on the PET scan back in August of 2003. It's only 4mm's in size. However, it grew to 7mm, then went back to 4mm's(all by itself) and now is just sitting at 4 mm's. :?:?:? I was told that INFECTION or Fungus can also light up on a PET SCAN. HOWEVER, we are watching this nodule every three months. When I had my heart surgery in Aug. 2003 my surgeon felt the nodule, (once he found it) and said: "It's NOT CANCER because it didn't feel like cancer" :shock::) He also had two other surgeons feel this nod, and they agreed. :) None the less, with my back ground we will keep a eye on it and hope it goes away as fast as it came. I also have a very dear friend who is a lung cancer survivor of 4+ years of (stage IIB) and she has (2) nodules that they have been watching for 3 years now, and these nodules aren't doing anything either.

So, on that note, I'm sending you POSITIVE VIBES that your NODULE is just a PAIN in the rump and NOT CANCER!! Just another scary bump in the road!!! This to shall pass!

Love & Hugs,

Con

Here's a couple thoughts--

1. HOLLER for more valium during the lung biopsy. :lol:

2. I went through that, came up with "inconclusive", and went to the surgeon to schedule a biopsy. His opinion was that it should just come out anyway, expecially with my history of breast cancer.

3. I was told that with my BAC (NSCLC) I could have new nodules appear at any time. Fay A could tell you more on that.

4. Second or third opinions are always good at this time.

5. This is the place to be for help. My husband is wonderful, and I adore him, but it is my best friend who I crash with. It is too painful for him, and that is okay.

goodwishesgoodwishesgoodwishes

gail

Nancy,

I agree with what Snow and Connie said. This is just a little bump and no more that that. It will turn out to be beneign and we can move on and put it behind you. I am praying real hard for you for clean biopsy and tests. Let's pray there is no problem with the tests they are going to be doing...

You are always in my prayers...

Blessings and hugs,

Karen

Hi Nancy,

Sorry you have to go through this.

I like Becky's imagery,

hope for the best,

prayers that it isn't much of anything .

We'll take it one day at a time from here.

((((((((((((((((((Nancy)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Don't borrow tomorrow's trouble today.

It'll keep.

XOXOXOX

MaryAnn

Nancy,

Hopefully this is nothing--I didn't have a biopsy--surgeon just wanted to take it out--we did PET and it lit up, and he wouldn't do a biopsy--said too much pain involved, might miss and get a false negative, could collapse lung, etc, and said it had to come out anyway. Maybe they will just do that with you.

Could be benign, a new primary, which is all different from a met....I sure do hope for the best for you.....

I can't even begin to tell you what it has meant to read all of your posts. Your words of encouragement, prayers, hints and humor have made my day much, much better. I never even thought that it might be something other than cancer, couldn't think of anything else it might be. HOPE is good.

I appreciate all of you sharing your thoughts - I may never get in a roller coaster car again :lol:

I will keep you posted and all of you are always in my prayers.

Love and hugs,

Nancy B

Nancy,

Hang in there dear. I have 3 nodules in one lung and 2 in the other. My doctor asked if I wanted to biopsy them, but it would involve a thoracotomy. I chose nothing for now, because they are so small. I am in a wait and see mode. I will treat them when the get larger if need be. I am still hopeful that something new will come down the pipeline.

Nancy, you can become chemo resistant. So, do not jump into anything too soon. It could very well not be cancer! I would talk to the doctor about treatment options. Chemo usually just shrinks cancer. If it is only one nodule, you may be a candidate for surgery still. My prayers are for you and that it is benign.

Cheryl

Hi Nancy---

I have had a couple of reports that have showed nodules ---and they also said suspicious of metastic cancer---and took the pictures to my surgeon and it turns out it was nothing as they disappeared from the next scan----so my surgeon always wants the pictures to see for himself---as sometimes the reports sound like I will not be able to live past the day--home--

so far he has always been correct when the reports have been wrong- (not neccesarily wrong, but the nodules were not cancer) --I am lucky as my original surgeon from 4 years ago still sees me and knows my history

so perhaps your surgeon will want to wait a bit once he sees the pictures

please try not to let it upset you (easier to say than do) until you see the surgeon ---

please let us know how your visit with the surgeon goes and I hope it is nothing---

best wishes

Keep the faith! Hope you sail thru this biopsy. It seems a lot depends on the location of the node, closer to the lung wall the better. I agree ask for meds. I know my mom had a CT guided biopsy by a radiologist who specialized in these and they kept her for observation and an x-ray for a few hours and was home right after lunch! Think positive. Also Versed (sp?) as an anesthetic has great amnesia-like qualities.

It helps sooooo much hearing from you guys. I finally got a call from the surgeon's office late yesterday and will see him on Tuesday. They asked if I had had a PET scan or bone scan - never had a Pet and the bone scan was done before my surgery four years ago. At least this surgeon is in the same office as the last one so they still have my complete records.

I can't decide if I should spend my weekend doing fun things or cleaning out closets, filing and getting things in order to be out of commission for a while.

Well.......the fun things won! I am off to the mall and then lunch with a friend. I will keep in touch and let you know what is happening, again thanks for all your support and especially the encouraging words that "it" may be nothing. I need to be told that over and over!!!!

Love and hugs,

Nancy

Nancy-

My heart goes out to you regarding the fear of recurrence. I thought the scans and waiting and discussing and digesting of infor would get easier with time, but it hasn't. Praying for anything other than cancer :?

Couldn't agree more that FUN was the right choice...all the rest waits!

Keep us in the loop when you know more, please.

Nancy B.,

Good decision on how to spend the weekend--fun wins! I hope for the very, very best results on Tuesday for you....if you need a PET, it's no big deal--no pain involved at all......just like a long CT with contrast.

You are in my thoughts--I think this is just a bump to contend with.....