results

shelliemacs

Yeah,

he has Arthritis and a slight narrowing of the spine which has cause all the problems. A nerve was compressed and thats what caused the pass out and pain and nausea.

he said the dr. told him that he could no longer be a power lifter though so thats a bummer for him but hey thats life right.

also they said if it gets to the point where the pain is too much, they would discuss surgery. I asked him "surgery to do what to your spine" he said (now my husband is brawn not brains) "i dont know for sure, I guess they will just take the spine out"

I laughed till I snorted and told him he'd be a piece of spaghetti if they did that.

so whew, let me say that again, WHEW!

biopsy results are not back yet but he didn't seem worried about it. Also he said his liver was very very strong and he must never ever drink huh, my husband started laughing cause he is DEVOTED to Coors Light.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Fantastic news Shelly! Okay, maybe not that fantastic cuz your husband has arthritis but all things considered, those are great results.

Cat

Whoa, Shelly,

you must be relieved!!!

I thank the good Lord there is nothing more than that.

Meanwhile,try to sleep well tonight and take care of yourself.

With management, while this may be awkward adjusting to for your husband, it is do-able.

Again, I am very happy for you this had a reasonable resolution.

Post again in Good News, why not?

XOXOX

MaryAnn

Shelley,

So glad to hear that your hubby is going to be okay and that this is not a life threatening thing. It is a pain to be sure, but it is doable. Some more life adjustments are coming your way. It is good that the sun is shining on you and him with this. Thank God for some favors.

Take care dear girl.

Shirleyb

Shelley,

It hasn't been all that long since your hubby retired from the military, has it? Is there any chance that the spine problems originated while he was in the service? I have a friend who sat at a desk for most of his 26 year military career, and all of the damage (disc disorders, narrowing of the discs) are in those parts of the spine he used when he would pivot from one position to another to reach various files. It was all repetative motion brought about by typical military office space (think about sticking an old metal desk and file cabinets from the 1940s in a room the size of a porta potty. You can go one place when you stand up...and that is out the door. It ended up being considered service connected. Just a thought.

Hope he is doing better very soon.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Shelly, sorry to change the thread but that yellow guy doing tae-bo is so dang cute. I love your shelliemacs!! Thanks! :D:D

Cat

Shellie,

I know I am really late on this post, but I don't get on as much as I'd like to now a days. I've been thinking about you, and praying for you ever day. I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear this news of Arthritis. I know it's strange to be happy for arthritis, but I know you understand what we mean. When you've been hit with so much you are ever more aware of what it "could" be. So happy it is something manageable.

Give that man a squeeze, hold him tight and enjoy each other. :D

Wonderful News! Thank God

Carleen