Morning Glories.

DeanCarl

Just wanted to say a huge "THANK YOU" to all you folks for your kind words and support. I've been doing better the last few days. I'm still a quart low in the energy department, but I HAVE been able to find the right combination and amount of pain meds (a very small dose of vicoden and a couple of Ibuprophens) that knock out the pain without knocking ME out! :) So while I may get out and about a bit less than before I can still do most of the things I want to do.

Now for the title of this post. The roses are gone and the poppies haven't "popped" yet. But this morning I found out we have morning glories! Big red ones! I was able to watch as one of them bloomed over a 2 hour period this morning. Started out as a red cone and opened up slowely until it was this big red blossem. And not just a litte opening up either. By the time it was fully open the pettles were spread WAY out. Kinda like a little kid with his arms spread way out and telling the world "I love you THIS much"! And ya know, sitting there watching that with my cat on my lap and listing to my morning music I realized that, cancer or no cancer, it just don't get any better than this.

Dean

Dean - yep, you're right. I seriously doubt it gets any better than that.

you know, some people pay alot of money to go on vacation just to experience something like that, and you have it right out your back door!

I am so glad you are doing a little better. Thank you for appreciating the little things, it helps me to continue appreciating them as well.

God Bless,

Karen C.

Dean when I read your posts. You sound so Grateful for this life, even with the cancer. I want that. I feel ashamed that at the moment I am consumed with the eventual loss of my father and today I am so angry and bitter again at the unfairness of life and what cancer does to people and families.

I wish I could be grateful for having my father today, but I cant see that at this moment. I am a weak person I guess. I just need so much work in that department.

You are truly a wonderful person and I wish I could meet you to learn from you.

What a treat! It took me back to my kid days, when we lived out in the country, and I planted my own morning glories. It was a great treat to watch them open up to the world in the morning and close for the night. I have always favored them. Take care, good buddy. Don

Dean,

I'm so glad you posted. I've been thinking about you all week. I'm very, very glad you got a balance with the pain meds that are helping you through that part. I'm even more happy to hear how much you are enjoying watching your flowers bloom. I just know that is music to God's ears to have his children so enjoy His beautiful creations. I expect He is smiling and all His angels are singing!

God love you, Dean, and I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Love,

Peggy

Dear Dean,

I was wondering if a Quart of Energy costs MORE then a Gal. of Gas? Maybe we could take up a donation and send you a Quart of Energy!!! :wink::roll: Silly ME!

I have Red Morning Glories also. I put a mix of color (Purple, White, Red, Pink) together and they are just beautiful.

So glad to hear your doing a little better. I just hope you'll be doing a little better each day! I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.

Dean,

I just read your post and I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better!

What a beautiful message. It is so great to see someone find so much joy in watching a flower blossom, with the love of a pet, and some beautiful music in the background. What a great person you must be and I admire you so much.

Just reading your post puts some calm in my life. I find it difficult to get through each day and it's not even me with the cancer... it is my dad. My dad's pulmonary Dr. told my dad "Just remember to live each day to it's fullest because NOBODY is guaranteed a tomorrow". I try to remember this so I don't dwell on the bad times and miss out on what I am so lucky to have in my life right at this moment.

Looking forward to reading your post when those poppies bloom!!!

Thanks for brightening my day.

Diane

Guest bean_si (Not Active)
By the time it was fully open the pettles were spread WAY out. Kinda like a little kid with his arms spread way out and telling the world "I love you THIS much"! Dean

Dean, what a marvelous description. I can see it in my mind. Thank you.

Cat

Dean, I swear, you have such an amazing spirit...you constantly remind me what life is all about. I'm going to look at my garden today and see what new things are growing. Some times I forget to appreciate nature and it's wonderful things.