Back from the land of the Lost

Carleen

Hello Friends,

I am so sorry for not being around to give any updates, but the past month has been a whirlwind of chaos and depression.

When I last logged in, I was asking for prayers as Keith was in the hospital with horrible pain from Pancreatitis. Well, the pain has subsided, but the doctors found 3 new lesions in his pancreas as well as 3-4 new ones in his liver. The inflamation went down relieving the pain, but they haven't done anything to stop its reoccurrance and sent us home after two weeks in the hospital. I guess we are hoping to keep it down by completely altering Keith's lifestyle and diet.

The doctor's recommend that we start systemic treatment right away again. So we've decided to go ahead with the clinical trial for Indium 111 in New Orleans. We leave Aug. 27th and will be there through Sep. 5th.

The doctors down there are claiming that they are seeing a 50% response rate on this trial so far (although there have been so few patients that this has been tried on.) Since Keith's release, I've been trying hard to catch up on work, since I stayed with Keith the whole time, and have lost out on 2 weeks worth of work. I've been trying to book airline tickets, get hotel accomodations for myself, trying to find anyone who will go with me so that I do not have to spend days and evenings alone in a strange town since for 4 of the days I will have only limited visitation with Keith. I've also been horribly depressed after learning of its progression. I know Keith has been too, and it is really hard for me to bounce back from depression when I see him so sad.

I don't know that I am feeling any better yet, but I persist and I go forward with hope in my heart that this treatment is our answer.

I miss you all so much, and I know my absence has probably caused some concern. I really apologize for that.

Ry, I will PM you my phone number if you want to add me to the phone circle. I just find it so hard to get to a computer these days.

All my love and prayers are with you all every day.

Carleen

Carleen,

I am so very glad you posted. We have all been wondering about you and Keith. I have a friend that is from Louisianna. I will call her and see if her younger sister is in the New Orleans area. Maybe she can help keep you company. If she is, I will let you know.

Thanks for your number. I will try to call you during your stay sometime just to run your bill up. :P I will send you my numbers also, call me if you get lonely or bored, but if you want a good laugh call okdebi...

I am wishing you both all the best with this trial...

Rochelle

Carleen and Keith,

I am soo glad to hear from you. I have been worrying about you a lot. I'm sorry for the new progression, but like me, Keith hasn't run out of options, so there is still hope. Hugs and prayers going out to you both.

Do your best to keep us posted dearest.

Blessings

Betty

Carleen,

I am so glad to see you post. I think of you and Keith often and keep you in my prayers. I pray that you see results from this chemo. I hate that you will be alone by yourself in New Orleans. I wish that it was a pleasure trip for the both of you instead. New Orleans is fun place to play. I was there years ago. I do hope you treat yourself out to eat while your there during some down time. I wish I could make it better for you, and hate that you are going through this. I will continue to ask God to heal Keith and watch over you both.

Love,

Cheryl

THANK YOU, GOD! YOU ARE SO GOOD! Carleen, I am so sorry to know you have these new fears to deal with, but I am so grateful that you found the time to post to us, even in the middle of such a horrible schedule you are trying to keep. I was so afraid something awful had happened and that we would never hear from you again. I'll say it again--THANK YOU, GOD!!

Carleen, in my prayers for you and Keith, I will be asking God to give you both His strength and a cheerful heart to better fight this setback. The Bible says that "a happy heart makes the face cheerful." May your heart be filled with joy knowing that God has His arms tightly wrapped around you both and He will sustain you through this very tough time. I pray that just knowing He is holding you, hugging you, loving you and He Himself has a big smile on His face because of His great love for you both will bring hope and happiness to your heart and make your face cheerful. :D:D

Love,

Peggy

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Proverbs 15:13

Carleen--

I too have been worrying and wondering about you and Keith. I'm so sorry that you've both had such a rough time of it lately. Sending my prayers that the newest treatment will help Keith. Also wishing that someone could be with you in New Orleans during those lonely days. I can assure you though that many of us will be thinking and praying for you even if we are not right there with you.

Gail P-M

Carleen,

I was so glad to see your post. I have also been worried. I know that your time is precious to you right now, so I want to thank you for taking time to let us know how you both are.

I am so sorry to hear about Keith. I was afraid the pancreatitis was caused from mets there. Like someone else said, 50% odds are sure worth the effort it takes and I pray that you will fall into that group. In New Orleans I hope you can take some time to eat some of their delicious food. It would perk you up while you are away from Keith. I also hope that someone can go with you. Give Keith my best and tell him he is in our prayers. Keep in touch if you can and know that you have a lot of friends right here pulling for the two of you.

Nina

Carleen,

I'm glad to hear from you, and glad you've found an option for Keith. Sorry it has to be so far away from home. I hope some new friends will pop up for you in New Orleans and that you' won't feel so alone. Most of all, I pray that this treatment will be a great success, and that Keith will not have to go through so much pain again. My prayers are with you,

BeckyCW

Carleen - I think of you often and am glad you posted. Your feelings are certainly normal and expected. Hang in there. I know it's hard for me to keep my chin up when Dave is down - he is the one who keeps me up, seems like it should be the other way around, doesn't it?

I wish for the best for Keith in NO and please keep us posted as you can. Your hotel down there or even the hospital may have a business center where you can borrow a computer or rent time on one.

God Bless,

Karen C.

Well, Carleen, I imagine that our large, collective sigh of relief has your hair all mussed up :wink: !.

I am so glad that Keiths pain has subsided, and I was thinking as I read your post about the 50% chance of responce and I thought, Gee, if I were told that I had a 50% chance of winning the Mega Millions lottery, I'd begin planning a MAJOR party...50% chance is not half bad (no pun intended)...

I wish I could join you in New Orleans, never been there myself, and the kids have been grating on one anothers nerves the past week or so-I guess they see TOO much of eachother when school is out.

I am glad you are sending Ry your phone number so that we can keep in touch throug her-I hope you're up to the job, Ry-you know how many inqueries about Carleen and Keith have been popping up. :)

Carleen, you and Keith have been and will continue to be in my prayers. Good luck with the new clinical trial! Deb

Carleen, it is so wonderful to hear from you. We have all been worried sick. Forty lashes with a wet noodle to you!!!! I hope you will find someone to accompany you on your trip. I have a friend that lived in New Orleans for a while and I'm sure she still has friends in the area. Maybe I can hook you up with some of them. Just know that we are still keeping you and Keith in our prayers! Hang tough...really tough!!!!

Carleen!! what a delight to hear from you!

I hope this clinical trial for Keith does the trick -- 50% are good odds going in. That's what I faced.....

Hoping you can find a bit of time to see/taste/smell/hear New Orleans, so you'll have some stories to tell Keith. Maybe some takeout too!!

We've missed you, hon, and worried.....

XOXOXOXO

Prayers always...

MaryAnn