Several Disappointments

Don Wood

Well, we are in a funk here. Lucie has had a severe pain in her upper left thigh, near where the old tumor was. So we are going tomorrow for an MRI of the area, and naturally we think the worst. Also, when she was at the pulmonologist, he ordered a chest x-ray, and informed her yesterday there is a shadow at the top of her left lung (old news) and a spot on the right (new news). We see him Friday, and will let the onc know about this because he should take a look as well. More uncertain news. Then about six weeks ago, I had an artificial sphincter implanted to help my incontinence. I started passing blood clots three weeks after the surgery, which lasted just over a day, and finally cleared up. This delayed the activation of the sphincter until today. I just got back from the urologist, who tried to activate several times and because of inflamed tissue around the device, he couldn't get it to start. A BIG disappointment to me because I had high hopes this would take a strain off me. Anyway, I am now on antibiotics and go back to see him next Wednesday. We are very disappointed in this whole scenario and feel like this bad news is never going to end. It will just keep happening. Our minds know this isn't true, but our emotions are just raw right now. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we try to see some light at the end of this very dark tunnel. Thanks. friends. Don

Don,

You are always such an anchor here, and I always value your wisdom and steady council. My eyes are 'smarting' right now at the news in your post. I'll certainly be praying for good progress to be made on all fronts. The Lord bless and keep you and Lucie. Much love, friend.

Don and Lucie-

Hang in there my friends. Disappointments seem to be happening to all lately. :( Lets make sure they stop here :!: I will be praying hard for you guys. I hope everything turns out okee dokee. Thinking and praying for you my friends.

Rana :wink:

Don and Lucie -

Will be keeping you both in my prayers for some light at the end of your tunnel. You deserve it - it will come. You have been a blessing and an inspiration in our lives - and will continue to be so. God bless you both - Terrie

Don and Lucie,

I am saddened by this set back for you both. I guess I only expect the best for you both. Your picture shows such wonderfully happy people and I never expect anything but positive news for you two.

I am praying as hard as I can for you both, and I hope this week turns out to be positive for all of us.

Your such a guiding light of strength for all of us here with all your positive posts that you both deserve nothing but the best.

Don and Lucie, please add me to the great list of people that are praying for two great people. I am sorry that you seem to be a bit 'steamrolled' right now. You are so greatly appreciated here, and I am glad that you came to lean on us, as we have leaned on you so many times. Please let us know how things are going, and if you need to lean more, we are here. We love you both very dearly...take care, Deb

Dear Don and Lucie,

Prayers go up for you every night. You are such a wonderful source of support here on this board. The uncertainty and waiting for test results are absolute unbearable. But, you and Lucie have battled many obstacles as witnessed by your signature and what you have told us. You will battle this one too. You have each other, you have faith, and you have soooooooo many people praying for you both every day.

So, try to take one obstacle at a time, together. Easier said than done, I know. We're here for you and rooting for you.

Much love coming your way.

Dear Don,

I hated to hear that you and Lucie are each having a difficult time right now. I don't know what to say. Sometimes this all gets very overwhelming, I know.

When my husband was diagnosed with cancer of the eye, he was trying very hard to stay upbeat. I heard him telling people that if we "didn't have bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all." I smiled (weakly) when I heard him saying this because lately, it's true. We've had a lot of bad news and a lot of bad luck recently.

But.....as you an Lucie do, we have a very strong marriage and lots of love. We are actually very fortunate and lucky as it turns out.

Don, you and Lucie are in my prayers.

Ada

Don and Lucie.

If ever there were a couple of nuts in the basket that were too tough to crack, you two ARE those nuts. You both obviously have much hope and faith, which shows in all of your posts, and which by the way, is quite contageous; I always come away with a stronger resolve after reading "The Don". Take care, and all the best with the test results.

David P.

Don and Lucie,

I was supprised and saddened to read your post this morning (wasn't on the computer much yesterday). I pray that both of you find some relief soon. The Lord knows that you certainly deserve it. Thank you for your strength and support Don. You are one incredible person.

God bless Don and Lucie,

Peg

HI DON AND LUCIE,

WHEN IT RAINS IT SOMETIMES POURS. HANG IN THERE BOTH OF YOU FOR TOMORROW THE SUN WILL LIKELY COME OUT AND THINGS WILL LOOK BETTER.

YOU AND LUCIE PROBABLY ARE THE AGES OF MY HUSBAND AND I AND HAVE HAD A PRETTY GOOD LIFE TOGETHER UNTIL THIS CANCER THING CREPT IN. I LOOK AT IT THIS WAY AND I AM SURE YOU ALL DO TOO. IF ONE CAN HAVE 46 YEARS OF LIFE TOGETHER, WE MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING GOOD TOGETHER. HOW MUCH MORE CAN WE EXPECT. LUCK SURE WAS ON OUR SIDE AND STILL IS UNTIL THAT GOOD LORD CALLS THEN WE WILL MEET EACH OTHER AT RAINBOW BRIDGE, PICK UP ALL OUR RELATIVES AND FRIENDS AND ALL HOPE TO ENTER THOSE PEARLY GATES TOGETHER. KNOW ONE CAN LIVE FOREVER AND WHO WOULD REALLY WANT TO.

I HAVE BEEN A CAREGIVER TO MY UNCLE WHO LIVED IN A NURSING HOME FOR ABOUT TWO YEARS BEFORE HIS DEATH IN 1996 AND THAT IS NOT WHAT I OR MY HUSBAND EVER WANT. I NOW AM CAREGIVER FOR MY AUNT AND HER HUSBAND (HE PASSED AWAY 5/19/03) WHO BOTH WERE TOGETHER IN A NURSING HOME FOR ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS. NOW SHE IS LEFT AND SAD BECAUSE HE IS GONE BEFORE HER. IT WOULD BE NICE IS WE COULD GO TOGETHER BUT IT DON'T WORK THAT WAY SO YOU AND LUCIE HANG IN THERE AND TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME, THAT IS ALL ANY OF US AT THESE AGES CAN ASK FOR. GOD BLESS

I'm sad to hear your news all seems bad this week. You are, like everyone says, a rock on this board. I hate to hear that you both are having to worry. I am finding that its the nature of this disease, I am hoping your rollercoaster is in a better spot next week. Keep us up-to-date. I am praying every day and sending positive thoughts!

Don & Lucie,

I will be waiting to hear your news on the GOOD NEWS, as I know it will be coming for the two of you.

Like they says, "You can't keep a good man (and woman) down!

Sending the strongest positive thoughts your way!