CT Scan Results

Hebbie

Well, routine CT Scan time has rolled around again :roll:

It has been 14 months since my first "Questionable" CT Scan (Nov. 2004) that first indicated some unknown nodules floating around in my lungs -- between 20 and 30 of them, to be exact. Since that time, each scan (every 3 months) has shown minor growth of some of the nodules, but all too small to biopsy for a conclusive determination. In the meantime, I began practicing macrobiotics and have faithfully been following my diet and lifestyle protocol for the past 8 months.

The scan I had 3 months ago again indicated some minor growth of some nodules, and a few new nodules popped up -- quit frankly, I was pretty discouraged and downright scared.

I approached this week's scan with a heavy heart and tried to prepare myself for the possibility that this would be the scan that would lead to a biopsy and possible treatment. What I got instead left me speechless.

My oncologist appt. was today, but he called me at home yesterday to tell me that I didn't need to come in today for my appt....because my scan showed absolutely NO GROWTH.....and all nodules were STABLE. :shock:

After doing the happy dance around my kitchen, I asked him what could cause every single one of those 20-30 nodules to ALL have absolutely no change in 3 1/2 months. He said (and I quote) "I have absolutely no idea -- it certainly wasn't anything I have done for you -- maybe it's your diet -- just keep doing what you are doing and I'll see you in 4 months!"

I think I'm still in shock....

Heather,

You have made my Day with this news. One of the interesting things about BAC and Adeno with BAC features is sometimes those nodules go into a dormant (indolent) phase. They just sit there and do nothing...sometimes for years! (My first primary showed up in 1986. I was 32 years old. And it just sat there for about 10 years. Didn't grow. Didn't spread. Just sat there. Which is why my docs didn't think it was malignant...even though it was.)

As long as things stay stable you can live with it. And if the darn things won't disappear entirely then I hope they stay dormant/indolent/stable for decades and decades to come.

This IS good news, Hebbie. And I am very happy for you and those who love you...including us!

I am so very, very happy for you! What great and wonderful news! I think I will check out the macrobiotic diet for myself. I tried the miso soup from a restaurant and it was not bad at all. Thank you. Enjoy Heather, enjoy!!! :D:D:D

Hebbie, this is incredible. I know how much you put into your diet changes, and am just thrilled to hear that you got such an affirmation of all your efforts! it's inspirational, really.

Joanie, I am pretty sure Hebbie posted her diet when she began. I'll take a look and see if I can find it (for me) and direct you to it...know any good macrobiotic places for lunch, near Times Square? :wink:

xoxo

amie