Here's the game plan

TAnn

Saw the onc yesterday. We've decided to start Gemzar again, this time without the carboplatin a week from Saturday. We will also be doing a lower dose hoping this will keep my blood counts from dropping. (Apparently when I was in the hospital my platelets dropped so low that they were very worried I would "bleed out" and I had 2 transfusions of platelets as well as 2 units of blood.

More bad news, I have 2 large lumps in my right breast. They are scheduling me for an ultra sound to see what's up with that!

We upped my dosage on the Duragesic pain patch from 12mcg to 25mcg, hopefully it won't zone me out and will do better with the pain control.

TAnn

TAnn, Saying a prayer for you and I hope everything for treatment plan goes well. Sequencing of Chemo has beeen researched with good results. Info in Clinical Trial section. Hoping for good news about Ultrasound. Think Positive. I Will too.

Teri,

I am glad you have a game plan in place and I hear good things about gemzar. You are always in my prayers but I will add a little extra next Sat that all of those little critters die fast with the gemzar.

Keep us posted. Also praying for pain control.

Nina

TAnn--

Glad you have the plan in place to fight the beast. Sending prayers that it is the "magic bullet" and also prayers that the breast lumps are cysts. (I've had some really large cysts but yes, they are scary while you are waiting for the results)

gail p-m

I was wondering how you've been Teri!

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Praying that this time the Gemzar will be manageable and begin to get in there and start working it's magic for you AND your ultrasound will bring good results too.

Warm Hugs,

Melinda