starting alimta

Don M

I start 4 rounds of alimta tomorrow. It will be an alimta summer. I had a 3 week break after radiation which I enjoyed. I got a lot done in my garden. I am hoping that the alimta will be easier than the carbplatin/gemzar I had last year, which was not that bad. I should be done by the end of summer. the oncologist says that "the alimta is just the icing on the cake" (adjuvant chemo following death death death to the tumor from IGRT).

Don M

Don,

Best of luck to you! I love your positive attitude. I look forward to more positive reports! Enjoy that garden...we have tomatoes already in ours...and realize we live in South Dakota, so this is quite a feat. We bought a greenhouse for the backyard to get a head start!

God bless!

Jen

Hi Don,

Best of luck with the Alimta. Hope it is not too harsh on you. I have a feeling that you would finish your treatment plan even if it were..!

Glad you have your hobbies and talents to rely on to get you through these days. Happy weeding and watering, Don.

Cindi o'h

Hey Don,

Just wanted to add my good wishes that Alimta is the magic bullet for you my friend. Your always in my prayers.

If you have a down day or start feeling a little blue, just think of those little grand kids of yours. Grandkids just melt our hearts! :wink: Plus they give us that extra boost sometimes that we need to continue our battle. Good Luck with your treatments. I sure hope this works for you.

Good luck and much success, Don -

Just wanted to share - my 11 year old headed out to the garden (it's very small, she's done most of it herself) to hoe - the weeds and grass were taking over. She headed out of the house yesterday with a small rake to "hoe" the garden. I told her she had two problems - one, she didn't know what a hoe was, and two, she didn't know how to use it!! Her dad gave her a crash course - garden looks great! Enjoy yours!!!

Geez, Don, I went away for a couple of days and somehow missed this :oops: ! Hope you know how much I am here rooting for ya! Glad you got the garden in shape and with any luck you will be able to keep up with it while on Alimta. You have certainly grabbbed the reins and taken control and hope real soon you can enjoy that cake with the 'icing' too!

Love,

Kasey

Don,

If you looked it over and decided to go along with the alimta treatment, it is most likely the right one for you. You have been such a great advocate for yourself and shared your information with all of us. I wish you only great results and not too many complications.

Nina